Muslim-majority city council bans LGBTQ+ pride flags on public property (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 10:55:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Muslim-majority city council bans LGBTQ+ pride flags on public property (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Muslim-majority city council bans LGBTQ+ pride flags on public property  (Read 4264 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: June 14, 2023, 09:14:19 PM »
« edited: June 14, 2023, 09:42:40 PM by T'Chenka »

There is no "religious right" to a safe space where you get to pretend that minorities you don't like do not exist in a secular society. The people who believe there is are IMO entitled and value their comfort over other people's representation in society. Nobody is telling you to put a flag on YOUR porch. Demanding that the flags should be hidden is ridiculous.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 10:52:13 PM »

All Muslims need their ego check? Thats racist. Reported

Nitpick: muslims are not a race.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 12:33:22 AM »

Good. Pride flags are ridiculous and should not be on any public property. Not a single tax dollar should go to support it. Really celebrating "pride" of any kind, alphabet meaningless pride or pride in actual accomplishments, is stupid. Pride is not a positive.

Are you proud to be American? Are you proud to be anti-pedophilia? Are you proud that you work for your paycheck instead of taking a government handout from the taxpayers?

Here's another one for you. I am assuming you are a christian. Hopefully I'm not wrong here. If you lived in a country where many people HATED christians, and treated them like dogs__t, and told you that you were an immoral subhuman for being a christian, would you feel proud of your faith despite the difficulties, or would you feel ashamed?

These are not rhetorical questions. I'm asking you to answer them.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 02:47:16 AM »

I'm not criticizing "Islam", I'm criticizing one specific Muslim person (Abdullah). There are many Muslims who are not bigoted, just as there are many Christians who are not bigoted. There is a difference.
Everything you're saying about Abdullah applies to the vast, vast majority of Muslims.

If somebody hates every bigoted muslim because of the bigotry and does not hate non-bigoted muslims, that would not make that person anti-muslim, regardless of whether 1% of all muslims worldwide were bigots or if 99% were. That would make the person anti-bigot.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 04:33:53 PM »

Can we just leave each other alone ??

Let me be crystal clear: a lot of the more extreme social conservatives in many countries, including Canada and USA, will never, EVER allow that to happen. This has been true for as long as these countries have existed. You saying this is literally just a waste of time.

For many far right social conservatives, people who are "different" can only be tolerated when they "know their place" and don't "cross the line". Each person of course having a different definition of what "their place" is and where "the line" that can't be crossed is. For some, black people living on the continent and not remaining in Africa is crossing the line and not knowing their place. For others, LGBTQ people not pretending to be hetereosexual in public in crossing the line and not knowing their place.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2023, 06:02:20 PM »

Well you guys have to figure out a equitable solution then because a lot of migrants are that; and I don't want to go the inverse like in France.
Solution : we teach our kids that it's okay to be LGBTQ without trying to indoctrinate them into thinking they are gay (basically, end all Stop Woke types of legislation in all 50 states). Then the already-weak bigot vote gets weaker than it already is. We also stop catering to the bigots. Their objectively anti-American values should not be considered an important factor in what decisions society and government makes, unless they have over 50% of the vote.

We need a balance between religious pluralism/vibrancy, and a lessening of Fundamentalist beliefs.

I don't want to end up like the Saudis. I also don't want to end up like France.

Hopefully the decisions made do not result in a France scenario, but if you fail and don't end up being pefectly balanced in the middle, being a country that's closer to France than Saudi Arabia is WAY way better than being a country that's closer to Saudi Arabia than France.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies