NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:04:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC-SEN, 2022: The Beasley Resurrection?  (Read 47375 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: November 20, 2020, 07:01:37 PM »

Don't get your hopes up. This seat would be lean R at best for Democrats even with her.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 07:53:35 PM »

Jackson is probably the best chance we have, but I still wonder if running for this seat in a possible Republican year instead of against Tillis in 2020 is the right move for him. It might actually be a wash.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 07:43:04 PM »

Jackson is probably the best chance we have, but I still wonder if running for this seat in a possible Republican year instead of against Tillis in 2020 is the right move for him. It might actually be a wash.

Should Democrats just throw in the towel on any remotely competitive race next year?

Of course not. I just believe that it will take a lot to overcome the likely national environment.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 06:55:06 PM »

I hope Lara Trump doesn't end up running. If a more generic Republican than her wins instead, as is near-inevitable, the disappointment won't be quite as overbearing.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 05:57:41 PM »

Well that’s disappointing. I know we’re not exactly going to get the most progressive person coming out of North Carolina, but opposition to the filibuster should be a litmus test for Senate Democrats moving forward. She’s run a very dry campaign and hasn’t really outlined a platform at all. So to see her go to bat for the filibuster is just bizarre.

It's yet more evidence as to why I am confident that we will never get a new voting rights bill, court packing, DC/Puerto Rico statehood, etc.

I mean, we still need every Democrat we can get in the Senate. But if this is how she intends to legislate if elected, she might as well just be Manchin's replacement as a constant headache for the Democratic agenda, even at it's least ambitious.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies