19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:24:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat  (Read 20155 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: August 23, 2020, 12:05:11 PM »

I don't think the guy's "mistakes" at 14 are necessarily permanently disqualifying. People do make mistakes, even very awful ones. I'm not against anyone coming back from them. America is a place of second chances, and that's a wonderful thing.

But nor do I think his victims, who are entirely innocent in this matter, should have to be re-traumatized or re-victimized by him holding a highly public position of power. And that is exactly what it would be, based on what they have said. That's the real problem here. It's not hard to see why the idea of someone so abusive serving in an elected lawmaking body would be disturbing to the victims, and to all victims.

I would suggest the guy step down, reach out to the people he caused harm to, and try to make a sincere restitution before seeking public office again if that he what he wants to do. If his victims come out and say later they believe he has changed, then the rest of society should too-- and if they don't that's fine too. Then we all dodged a bullet by keeping someone who doesn't respect women out of office. Frankly, it doesn't sound like he's changed.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 03:24:46 PM »

So people actually voted him in? How did he do? Was there even any underperformance at all? LOL. Voters just don't care.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies