Office of Lincoln Governor R2D2: Farewell Address
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:26:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Lincoln Governor R2D2: Farewell Address
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Lincoln Governor R2D2: Farewell Address  (Read 611 times)
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 29, 2020, 01:15:00 PM »
« edited: March 23, 2021, 08:35:35 AM by I'm a John Fetterman (or Malcolm Kenyatta) Democrat »

Office of Lincoln Governor R2D2 (L-ME)

Greetings everyone,

This office will serve as my space for orders, information posting, and other activities pertinent to the regional government of Lincoln.

LINCOLN COUNCIL SERVING UNTIL OCTOBER 30TH 2020 OR UNTIL THE DETERMINATION OF THE GOVERNOR

The Honorable Brother Jonathan of Vermont
The Honorable Chancellor N1240 of Indiana
The Honorable Speaker S019 of New Jersey
The Honorable Ninja0428 of New Jersey
The Honorable CookieDamage of New Jersey
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 04:36:28 PM »

Quote from: Order VIII-I
Councilor S019 of New Jersey is hereby appointed as Chancellor of the Lincoln Region.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 05:45:37 PM »

Quote from: Order VIII-II
The Order of the Northern Star is granted to the following individual:

Sestak, for his tireless service to our region as Governor and now to our nation as Vice President.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 03:00:53 PM »

Your excellency, I resign my commission as Chancellor, effective immediately
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 06:07:15 PM »

I accept S019’s resignation as Chancellor.

Quote from: Order VIII-III
Councilor Ninja0428 of New Jersey is hereby appointed as Chancellor of the Lincoln Region.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 11:53:14 AM »

Quote from: Order VIII-IV
Councilor Ninja0428 is dismissed as Chancellor.

Quote from: Order VIII-V
Councilor N1240 of Indiana is hereby appointed as Chancellor of the Lincoln Region.

Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 08:49:05 PM »

Original post updated to reflect the certification of N1240 as Chancellor and S019 as Speaker.

Quote from: Order VIII-VI
July 22nd shall hereby be known as “John Henry Is A Cheap Bastard Day” where Lincoln citizens are encouraged to boo John Henry loudly for failing to re-sign and then subsequently trading Mookie Betts, who went on to sign a contract extension with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 08:18:11 AM »

The No Need To Spread Disease Act has passed and has been signed into law.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2020, 01:16:42 PM »

The Criminal Justice Reform Act of 2020 has passed and has been signed into law.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 01:19:16 PM »

The Lincoln Grants for Public Transit Act has passed and has been signed into law.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2020, 03:46:28 PM »

Your Excellency, the Governor, I humbly request the right to form a government in your name, I trust that I have the confidence of the Council
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2021, 07:11:17 PM »

Your Excellency, the Governor, I humbly request the right to form a government in your name, I trust that I have the confidence of the Council
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2021, 09:00:02 AM »

Good morning everyone,

Thank you for joining me remotely as I close in on the end of what has been the experience of a lifetime serving as your Governor.

While it would be easy for me to make this speech about my regrets--I have many--I would instead like to focus on where we are as a region and as a country.

For those that know me best, you know that I am a son of Lincoln. I've been here during some of the best times and some of the worst times in the history of our region. Service to this region has always been something I've craved. We are home to some of the greatest cities in the world. In my very biased opinion, there is no better place in the world than right here in Lincoln. The friends I've made along the way have been instrumental in both policy and personal growth. You have all taught me more about legislating, governing, organizing, and politics in general than anyone, anywhere has ever taught me. You've also taught me a lot about myself.

That is why I am so troubled by the state of our nation at this time. I fear we risk losing everything if we continue to put our allegiance to party first. The "teams" we are on should be secondary to our obligation to our fellow Atlasians. I have never seen such deep partisan divide, such venom, such animosity driving our politics in my many years of service to this nation. I won't rehash last month's statement on this same topic, I would like to leave here with a warning to you all--you will bring down this great experiment if you continue to make this about winning elections instead of electing the best people. One of the things that drove down my passion and enthusiasm for this game was the fact that I knew I was tethered to my party. Many of my decisions were made not by me, but by the party I represented. That is not how one is supposed to govern. I became too comfortable turning over decisions on appointments, legislation, and voting to line up with what my party would need from me. I considered serving as an Independent, but knew I would be washed out by someone more obedient. Therefore, out of self-preservation, I ultimately gave up and became a Governor-by-proxy for quite some time. In conjunction with real life struggles with depression, I lost all interest in this game that I once loved so dearly. I owe a great apology to the people who believed in me, elected me, and expected better of me.

In the grand scheme of things, I am nobody. I am not a power player or someone who will be remembered. That's why I'm expecting this statement to largely fall on deaf ears. But I would be remiss if I didn't at least get this message out on the off chance that someone would hear it.

It has been the honor of my lifetime to serve as your Governor, and I am sorry that I failed you. Luckily, our incoming Governor is more than exceptional, and I am confident that he is the type of leader that we need at this time. I hope that he learns from my failures, heeds my warning, and leads you with an independent heart. I trust his judgement.

Goodbye, Lincoln. I hope you remain true to yourself. Thank you and God Bless all of you.

R2D2
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies