Poirot for Senate(s) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:13:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Poirot for Senate(s) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Poirot avoid running for office
Yes
No
Don't care
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poirot for Senate(s)  (Read 55673 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« on: February 14, 2023, 05:49:58 PM »

I would like for the Senate to have less legislation

Very ambitious platform.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 08:06:39 PM »

It's less legislation on the floor at the same time so legislators can concentrate more on bills. They need to scrutinize and analyze and think. Otherwise you pass things with bad consequences like removing the right to vote of some citizens or don't catch typing mistakes. It's difficult to do good work when you juggle twelve bills at the same time. And the public won't even know what is debated or adopted.

Right, but even with 20 slots full all the time we still have a backlog of 14 bills after more than a month and despite already passing close to 30 this session. If we halve the bill slots every senate would be voting on bills introduced in the prior session.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 01:36:18 PM »

I'm visiting Saint Paul in Minnesota (Fremont).

I would like the general public to follow more the debates in the Senate. The Congessional thread for the public was inactive for months. Do people not care about legislation that impacts their country and their lives or they use other forms of communications? I don't use discord so I can't debate outside the forum. I can only use the threads or private message. I think it's better to use threads. It also the public to understand the reason for a bill and the issue raised. Sometimes I wonder if there were discussions and deals made in private and the public is just presented with the end result.

When I look at the Senate there are so many threads I don't know where to start. I just give up or look at a couple if the title thread seems like something I find interesting. I would like for the Senate to have less legislation open at once. It will be easier to follow. Legislators will have time to concentrate on fewer bills. It gives time for legislators to carefully read the text, spot mistakes. You can have more time to research and think of issues. A legislator role is more than running on every thread to see is there is a vote ongoing.

I have heard some of your concerns. Nyman doesn't always hear you. There is a majority of people who doesn't want Greenland to be incorporated with the south yet the Senate is ready to authorize this power in one week. Major changes to the Supreme Court are considered and the people are split but you don't see equal voices in the Senate. Vote for me and I will be your voice.

Vote status quo. Vote Poirot.

Technically, wanting to return to the days of less legislation would be reactionary (wanting to return to the past). The "status quo" would be retaining the 18 Senators we have now, and the same pace of legislative action.

The status quo is President Cao and only 4 Labor Senators. I support that status quo.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies