Scottish Parliament Election, 6th May 2021 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:23:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Scottish Parliament Election, 6th May 2021 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scottish Parliament Election, 6th May 2021  (Read 42828 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: August 11, 2020, 05:04:05 PM »

FWIW it was fascinating to see the people who were prepared to frankly eat sh**t defending an awfully implemented policy & those who were happy to say that it had been cocked up; it was equally funny to see those who claimed 'well I doubt you'll be complaining about English results' when this u-turn actually puts a lot of pressure on the English Government to do the same.

I think the most charitable defence is that they massively took their eye of the ball when this was an issue back in May (when this was all consulted on, at least in England) & seemed shocked that it had such cut through
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 01:09:10 PM »

I might be wrong but that seems like a timetable for a coronation.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 05:25:20 PM »

It might be because it's an excessively bubble esque story (parliamentary committee arguing with prosecutor about releasing evidence) but it's still remarkable that this hasn't had less cut through & hasn't caused bigger issues in the SNP.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 01:52:02 PM »

I think the most likely option is for a rather embarrassing result- according to the polls Salmond is pretty despised.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 04:18:17 PM »

Not that it means much but listening to Alex Salmons on Radio 4 this morning made it perfectly clear he is yesterday’s ego, to create a phrase.

He’s not popular or particularly liked 
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 11:11:22 AM »

Not that it means much but listening to Alex Salmons on Radio 4 this morning made it perfectly clear he is yesterday’s ego, to create a phrase.

Has very similar ratings to the person in your username and pic, strangely enough.

Well yes I was going to post that but it appeared quite meta; most despised by people in their own party, hated for their actions both in & especially out of office but retains an extremely vocal minority of support. 
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 11:55:00 AM »

Has very similar ratings to the person in your username and pic, strangely enough.

Well yes I was going to post that but it appeared quite meta; most despised by people in their own party, hated for their actions both in & especially out of office but retains an extremely vocal minority of support. 

He's one of the grand total of 2 Labour leaders that were able to win an election the last 70 years.

Well yes! Much like Salmond he was an extremely skilled politician in his day but I think if Blair had taken the approach of Salmond (setting up a splinter New New Labour Party with a rump of MPs) it would probably get a similar approach to Alba- Blair has to his credit since 2010 known that he's too toxic to interfere in most internal or even external elections in the UK.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 12:42:39 PM »

So what exactly are the policy differences between the SNP and Alba? Are there any substantial differences at all? Does Alba have any unique selling points that would actually motivate any SNP voters to defect besides the big ego of Salmond?

They've been supported by a small minority of women within the SNP who oppose self identification for transgender individuals.

While Salmond is extremely unpopular, I'm a bit uneasy with how seemingly the entire commentariat has decided to proclaim that that one poll is as good as an election result. (Though it is in keeping with the relentless hyping of every poll on Scottish independence) It's a single poll, there's still some time to go and it doesn't need to be too far off for seats to be a possibility.

I think there's been a few? I was basing mine off the Yougov favourability ratings which were pre-Alba officially launching (I think?)

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies