Bob Woodward: Dem Senators Have Called WH Asking if Hagel Will Withdraw (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 02:59:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bob Woodward: Dem Senators Have Called WH Asking if Hagel Will Withdraw (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bob Woodward: Dem Senators Have Called WH Asking if Hagel Will Withdraw  (Read 6056 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: February 17, 2013, 01:45:09 PM »
« edited: February 17, 2013, 01:47:57 PM by Maxwell »

I really think obama is thinking I might have to withdraw this guys nomination.  I don't oppose hagel, but I think his nomination is over, gone.  If his nomination is withdrawn, who do you think obama will nominate in his place.

Probably someone especially "harmless" who couldn't live a day without drones.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 10:08:36 PM »

There are countless qualified likable people who share Obama's views on foreign policy. Almost all are Dems, but he chose Hagel. He was obviously trying to make a point in choosing a Republican.

Chuck Hagel, in particular, has been known for his foreign policy being completely not the GOP of this time. One of the first Republicans to stand up and say the Iraq War is going in the wrong direction, and has basically been ousted by Republican circles for a long time ANYWAYS. Unless he's naive, I doubt Obama picked him because it would be a "bipartisan" pick.

I mean, unless Obama thought that Republicans were over the Bush foreign policy, which is incredibly, unbelievably, unfortunately naive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies