Monthly Obama Forum Approval - June 2009 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:42:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Monthly Obama Forum Approval - June 2009 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you ..... of Obama's performance so far ?
Strongly Approve

Somewhat Approve

Undecided

Somewhat Disapprove

Strongly Disapprove

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Monthly Obama Forum Approval - June 2009  (Read 5005 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 21, 2009, 04:57:38 PM »

Somewhat approve.

I mostly agree on the big issues he has confronted, from shifting our foreign policy to working hard on saving our economy. While it is far too early to know whether these shifts will pay off in the end, I am confident that he is going in the right direction.

While, I am somewhat disappointed that smaller issues are being pushed to the wayside (DADT and immigration), I do understand that Congress can only do so much at one time. What I am more disappointed by is the failure of the administration to really hold Congressional Democrats together and sync their messages to push back against Republicans. They need to back up Obama on the issues, especially the popular ones like a public plan in health care. The attrition with Guantanemo was upsetting as well, especially because a proper PR campaign from Congress and the president could have won the day.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 05:11:14 PM »

I have moved back to strongly approve, because of his measured and thoughtful response to both North Korea and Iran.  It doesn't look tough, I know.  But when people like Dick Lugar, George Will and John Warner are doffing their caps to you...it's not like you've gone over to the Bolsheviks.  ;-)

For me the standard is Krauthammer and Wolfowitz. If they are yelling bloody murder you know what you're doing is spot on.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 10:06:55 PM »

Between somewhat approve and strongly approved, but it's on an upward trajectory, I suppose.

Senate Democrats on the other hand...

Don't get me started.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 10:13:15 PM »

Between somewhat approve and strongly approved, but it's on an upward trajectory, I suppose.

Senate Democrats on the other hand...

Don't get me started.

They're a bunch of hokes, and Reid is quite possibly the worst leader we could be stuck with. But the Senate would fight a little harder if Obama bothered to stick his nose into a debate, forcefully, for once. Senate Democrats have no courage partially because they have no proper leader.

True, which was my earlier point. The WH needs a wing just to work with Congress on synching messages, pressuring members, etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies