Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:36:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Which system would you prefer for calculating battles?
Dice

Random Number Generator

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Concert of Europe: Rules and General Discussion Thread  (Read 31099 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2017, 05:45:19 PM »

The news will come this evening also. From what I see so far, poor Europe... Sad

Am I to suspect chopping off crowned heads will become the newest trend?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2017, 04:38:34 AM »

If Lumine quits, then I'll have hard time staying on, because let's be honest, it won't be the same.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2017, 06:35:14 AM »

I guess I'll be the one to air long-standing grievances this time.

I think my record in the first Balance of Power shows I'm not a player that throws a towel after first or second major setback. But I feel the game was damaged when Dereich was allowed to jump in as Austria. I don't want to accuse him of cheating or something, but I stand by my opinion this had created a set of circumstances that affected the developments in a way it wouldn't happen in the universe itself as well as produced an unfair disadvantage for my side in the game.

First of all, Dereich had the advantage Francis couldn't possibly have. As a Portugal player he was privy to our plans and he knew about out longterm goals, policy toward Austria etc. And there is no way, no matter how sportsmanlike one intended to be, it wasn't going to play a significant and unrealistic role.

Second, the switch resulted in Portugal to leaving the war in a sudden way that was caused by player jumping, not so much in-universe developments.

Third, while Lumine and me might've made mistakes such as rash abolition of the HRE, I just can't see this out of the blue Austrian resurgence. I know deus ex machina moments happened in RL, just as Frederick the Great's getting a break due to Elizabeth's death and idiot Peter switching sides against Russia's interests, but nothing like that occur ed here. On the contrary, the Habsburg were deserted etc. And appearently Austrian commanders willigness to purse for peace, logical after what occured, was forgotten or something. The f**king Austrian state was essentially decapitated and now the corpse is walking around like it didn't happen?

I've tried to carry on despite my doubts, but I don't think this can be repaired.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2017, 12:11:10 PM »

I don't want to look as somebody trying to be holding the game hostage, but I'm not going to lie: I've had a great chemistry with Lumine during the play and I have hard time seeing it being such a fun without him.

Thank you for your message, Spamage. I'll adress it later.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2017, 01:09:40 PM »

OK, this is the first time I'm requesting such a thing, but I'd like to have pause in the game to see if this can be solved.

I had a great chemistry with Lumine and I honestly can't see myself proceeding as usual if he departs.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2017, 03:22:36 PM »

Oh, one thing that I just noticed. There's no mention of any Ottoman-Austrian clashes, and I believe I sent my forces to action.

This is confusing.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2017, 05:23:58 PM »

Lumine leaves, I'm leaving too. This is a matter of principle and solidarity for me.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2017, 01:06:52 AM »

Fwiw, I wouldn't say I attacked Dereich's "conduct". It would be utterly idiotic for me or Lumine to threathen to quit/appeal to a moderator because Dereich choose to continue fighting. He's totally entitled to this, and we're not entitled to expect things being made easier for us.

I'll however stand by my opinion the Austria switch was a serious error which, even with no ill-will here, had to do damage to the game setup and I've explained why.

I've never been a fan of a losing player being able to rejoin immediately after suffering a game-over, because it makes things less competitive and less real. However, jumping from one country to other in the middle, especially a country belonging to other camp, is extremely problematic and I've explained why I feel so.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2017, 02:14:31 AM »

We have a fundamental failure to communicate here. I've really enjoyed this game, but I'm not going to waste more of my time and nerves on this nonsense. I'm only regretting time and efforts put into this. It's clear we won't be able to agree on this technical, but crucial issue.

Congrats, you can have it by default. Strategy games are not the same anymore. Apologies to Spamage, you've done the best job you possibly could under the circumstances.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2017, 03:22:33 AM »

I'm sorry it's irrelevant now. I can't see a way for me to resume things as they were.

It's been a fun. Nothing personal, guys.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2017, 07:58:45 AM »

Look, I don't want to wreck the game on leaving so I could stay on on a caretaker basis the way Windjammer proposed.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2017, 10:12:07 AM »

I'd need some extra time to study things, since I'm saddled with Prussians now as well :/
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2017, 03:40:56 PM »

Since I don't have to take over as Prussia after all, there's no need to grant an extension for me.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2017, 05:10:53 PM »

Has anyone noticed that the League of Armed Neutrality is turning into something resembling a  proto-United Nations?

More like Non-Aligned Movement Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2017, 05:37:59 AM »

As a Pole, I love this. As an absolutist monarch, I'm concerned/
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2017, 05:36:39 PM »

I prefer Poland staying non-playable, as the best catalyzer of "wtf Spamage just did?"
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2017, 07:14:44 AM »

It's funny that even not playing anymore, X's actions continue to have massive consequences.

WinfieldX Legacy Lives On.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2017, 01:52:39 PM »

Hey, I told them not to proceed with the opium thing...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2017, 04:18:28 AM »

I remember when I told NeverAgain over PM: "dude, seriously, the opium thing is like the worst idea ever." And he was like "that's OK, I have it under control."
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2017, 09:34:22 AM »

For RL reasons I won't be able to react to the developments today. Just saying this so nobody thinks I dodge him.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2017, 08:56:45 AM »

X, you've damned us all.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2017, 08:58:35 AM »

I hope you'll give me a reply on the question I've asked via PM.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2017, 03:58:57 PM »

I hope you'll give me a reply on the question I've asked via PM.

I never got a PM question about the game.  Could you re-send it?

Oh, it was for Spamage. Sorry for the confusion.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2017, 02:13:20 PM »

4 hours to go, still missing some orders. Tongue

With what I have, this turn does look like it will be quite interesting though Wink
When Spamage writes " Wink " it means it will go totally to s***. Tongue

Heh, what the worst thing they can do to you? Cut off your head? Unless the axeman isn't very skilled, like the one who chopped the Duke of Monouth, it can't be that bad.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2017, 05:59:27 PM »

This isn't the way to inaugurate your rule, young Joseph.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies