AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:09:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)  (Read 55456 times)
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 14, 2022, 01:57:20 PM »

Does Sinema have a chance in the primary? I'm worried that her incumbency might be too much to overcome.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 06:53:22 AM »

Dang it.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 02:18:47 PM »

Her goal isn't to win reelection. It's to split the vote so that Republicans flip the seat. If we somehow hold Montana and Ohio, but lose the Senate because of Sinema, I'm going to be furious.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2023, 07:07:04 PM »

It really depends on how much of the vote Sinema takes, and from whom.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 05:19:04 AM »

Sinema's fundraising numbers (even though Gallego's are better) indicate she is very likely running for re-election.

Great, that means we'll lose the seat to Kari effing Lake.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2023, 07:45:59 PM »

Sinema has decent odds of winning if her opponents are Gallego and Lake. Very easy to paint the far-left vs far-right vs centrist approach in that situation. Its like catnip for white suburbanites.

LMAO I'm sorry what? This is straight up delusional. Also, Gallego in no universe is comparable to Lake.

Agreed. The only question is whether Sinema takes enough votes from Gallego to elect Lake. My bet is she will.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2023, 03:19:23 PM »

I didn't expect that, wow. Hopefully he beats Lake in the primary, he's an easier opponent for Gallego. Lake will win the primary, though, most likely.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2023, 10:09:36 AM »

Man, I wish Sinema weren’t running. She adds a layer of unpredictability to this race that we just don’t need. She might take more votes from the red team, but she also might not.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2023, 03:20:48 PM »

She has my complete and total endorsement. For the Republican nomination. No matter what Sinema does, this is good news for the Gallego campaign.

Be careful what you wish for.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2023, 10:10:28 AM »

Sinema could have had an easy path to renomination, without even a challenge, and be favored for the GE. She didn't have to be a AOC 2.0, she just needed to vote like Mark Kelly. Instead, she chose to throw all away for attention.

She's trying to throw the seat to Republicans in exchange for a nice, cushy lobbying gig after she leaves the Senate. That's why she's going to run.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2023, 08:08:16 PM »

I wouldn't say Lake is a strong candidate, it's more that Arizona isn't that blue of a state yet. Plus Masters was just atrocious.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2023, 07:04:22 AM »

Not a great quarter for an incumbent senator in a marquee race. The COH number is good but I think most of that was raised before she went independent.

I think she's more than likely to retire and live off her leftover campaign cash or start some foundation to keep her relevant. COH is not really that impressive when you figure she is not getting any super PAC helping her out. Both sides spent like $50M each last year in AZ.

If she's going to retire, why did she file to run for reelection?
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2023, 08:19:19 PM »

Man Republicans are really blowing this one lol. A less crazy republican would be very competitive here. Lake has no chance

Lake has a very good chance if Sinema runs, which she will.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2024, 08:59:12 AM »

Community events aren't a bad idea. I just hope this doesn't come across as culturally insensitive pandering.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies