Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:35:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Does uniting the right in Alberta mean the NDP is toast next election?
Absolutely they are done like dinner

NDP still might win, but will be a steep hill to climb

NDP will likely win, UCP too extreme

NDP will definitely win

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Canada General Discussion: Trudeau II  (Read 192713 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 19, 2017, 04:52:05 PM »

Rob Nicholson.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 07:59:55 PM »

I would argue Nicholson is the biggest name left.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 03:14:59 PM »

The Alberta Party, if it wants to be seriously effective, needs to ally with the Liberals and the Redford wing of the Progressive Conservatives.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 11:12:52 PM »

The Alberta Party, if it wants to be seriously effective, needs to ally with the Liberals and the Redford wing of the Progressive Conservatives.
You mean the hilariously corrupt one?
I believe I was rather clearly referring to her ideology.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 03:37:03 PM »

Good! Our mafia sent people in through this system. I won't say anymore, so as not to reveal sensitive information or out the Canadian Ministers.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 07:44:53 AM »

Proposed cabinet changes
1.Drop Bill Morneau (you're fired biggest loser, get off the island)
2.Move Jim Carr from Natural Resources to Finance (steady performer with a business background)
3.Move Navdeep Bains from Industry (old name) to Natural Resources
4.Move Marc Garneau from Transport to Industry
5.Promote Kevin Lamoureux to Transport
6.Promote Celina Caesar-Chavannes to Small Business and Tourism (Currently held by Bardish Chagger who is also the Government House Leader)

Since finance requires experience, I would promote Ralph Goodale or Scott Brison to it as both are veterans in the house of commons and have strong finance backgrounds.  Obviously keep Chrystia Freeland in foreign affairs as that will be a difficult profile with NAFTA talks and so as one of the stronger performers you want to keep him there.

Brison is a deficit hawk, won't work and Goodale was terribly incompentent as finance minister under Martin.

Considering how strongly the economy is growing I don't think a deficit hawk would be too big a problem and a balanced budget before 2019 would be a pleasant surprise and make it more difficult for the Tories to pull over the Blue Liberals they need to win.  Now if the economy tanks that is a different story, but I suspect even Brison would be fine with a deficit if we go into recession.  The idea of a large deficit may have had some logic when our economy was struggling to reach 1% growth but makes little sense at 3% growth.

My point is than Trudeau wants huge spending and a deficit now and I don't think Brison is interested in defending as Finance minister. Trudeau won't chnage his mind to please Brison, either.

Maybe not, but Brison would be a powerful ally if Trudeau wants to be assured of his support in the event of a leadership challenge.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 10:04:45 PM »

Ontario tramples on one our most fundamental liberties by forbidding protests within 50 meters of an abortion clinic.

The measure has been justified by claims that protests intimidate patients using the clinic and employees trying to go to work. I am eagerly waiting for the same logic to be applied to union pickets Roll Eyes

Protests with the potential to prohibit business transactions, including any and all medical procedures, are absolutely unlawful.

I mean, I'm not really very pro-choice, but your position here is concerning to me.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 04:19:12 PM »

[the Conservative Party doesn't have that many populists in their ranks (hence why Leitch didn't do well), but they there are lots of populists who vote Conservative.

Yeah, the Conservatives are a pretty "orthodox" small-"c" conservative party. 

Kellie Leitch was a pretty dreadful populist though.  She had no charisma whatsoever and came across as reading Trump talking points from a teleprompter.

Kevin O'Leary didn't fully catch on either.

He wasn't really a proper Trumpist either. Much too libertarian. If you could mix Leitch's views with O'Leary's bombast, you would have had a solid populist candidate.

I liked O’Leary’s views...
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 07:38:09 PM »

Apparently one of the claims against JT is that he had a consensual relationship with a male conservative staffer, and that both parties were aware during the 2015 election. If that's really it, this is a nothingburger.

If true, he was cheating on his wife, so that's got to count for something... *sigh* who am I kidding, you're probably right.

I remember reading sketchy rumours about Obama and Rahm Emanuel hitting the bath houses in Chicago, or Obama being lovers with his Pakistani college roommate. They were all BS, but still funny to read.

> sketchy
> rumors

Pick one.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 10:22:07 PM »

Mad Max is getting into Leitch territory.
>Bernier attempting a sophisticated philosophical debate with Trudeau about diversity of opinions using hyperbole

Someone could use some rhetoric and debate classes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies