Democratic Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @4pm ET?) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:38:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @4pm ET?) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @4pm ET?)  (Read 19500 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: March 05, 2016, 10:19:09 PM »

You can argue that Sanders or Clinton had a good night; in reality they both did in different ways. The point is, this will have absolutely no impact on the race.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 10:51:07 PM »

I don't see why people feel the need to spin or reframe things. It is what it is This weekend will be 3 wins for Sanders and 1 for Clinton. He will get a bit closer in pledged delegates. The media will note he is still a long shot and that will be that.

I suspect the debate tomorrow night has a far bigger chance to impact Tuesday in Michigan than this weekend. I think we are seeing how the GOP debate this week helped Cruz and hurt Trump and Rubio.

This, seriously. These results have absolutely no effect on anything.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 10:33:59 AM »

Even if it ends 58-42 for Sanders it's a YUUUUGE improvement for Clinton compared to her 68-32 drubbing eight years ago. Both Nate Cohn and Harry Enten said it was a bad night for Sanders because he needed much bigger margins in two such friendly states and that he has fallen further behind when it comes to delegate math.

Let's just hope that when Clinton becomes head of the party she pushes for the abolishment of caucuses. Today was just another example of how ridiculous and undemocratic this system is.

I agree that Sanders is almost certainly going to lose the nomination, but Sanders is not Obama. Obama is not Sanders. They appeal to very different sections of the electorate, with some overlap.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies