Trump gop unity (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 02:56:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump gop unity (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Has the party unified around trump
Yes

No

Not yet but signs of unity are increasingly apparent

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Trump gop unity  (Read 1033 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 24, 2016, 03:29:05 AM »

The worse thing for the nevertrump forces would be that he wins and they opposed the whole time.  You can pretty much say goodbuy to any political or elected office career.  These people wouldn't be able to get any jobs and for people like Graham he would be easily primaried.

Many/most of them are either already retired from politics, or in their last year of office and not running again.  Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush, Christine Todd Whitman, Tom Ridge, etc.  They have no reason to care about any future job in politics, since they're retired.  They care more about their legacy.

And a good chunk of the rest are media people like Erick Erickson and Bill Kristol who likewise have no interest in running for office or working in a Republican administration.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 04:43:50 AM »

Your right about the rest but I was more talking about the Lindsay Grahams of the world .  Rubio, Cruz and others who want a future have to be careful of how to time their support.

Neither Rubio nor Cruz ever said they wouldn't support Trump if he was the nominee, so I wouldn't count them as #NeverTrump.  Like I said, there really aren't that many #NeverTrump Republicans who currently hold political office and are not already in the process of retiring.  Most #NeverTrumpers are in the other categories I mentioned.

There are, however, many many current politicians attempting to hold some ridiculous middle ground, where they "support but don't endorse" the nominee, or something silly like that.  It's silly, but I actually don't think those people who try to split the difference will pay any price for it beyond 2016, regardless of who wins the presidential election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies