Legitimize the Voting Act of 2010 (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:37:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legitimize the Voting Act of 2010 (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legitimize the Voting Act of 2010 (Law'd)  (Read 6195 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: March 06, 2010, 02:59:41 PM »

I'm not too crazy about prohibiting cell phone use to vote, to be honest. A lot of people take "weekend getaways" and probably depend on their phone to stay up to date on Atlasia, as well as voting.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 05:18:33 PM »

How hard would it be for the moderators to just look over the voting booth after each election and make sure there is only one vote per IP address?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 05:41:00 PM »

How hard would it be for the moderators to just look over the voting booth after each election and make sure there is only one vote per IP address?

What do you mean? There can be one proxy IP address that posters can be using. I'm not following you...
Maybe I'm off here, I'm not very knowledgable on computers and IP address's, but could the moderators check through the voters in an election and just see if two of them have the same IP address?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 05:46:46 PM »

What do you mean? There can be one proxy IP address that posters can be using. I'm not following you...
Maybe I'm off here, I'm not very knowledgable on computers and IP address's, but could the moderators check through the voters in an election and just see if two of them have the same IP address?

Yes, but if it's a PROXY IP address, it can change to hide the true identity of the poster. Proxies have multiple IP addresses, not just one. One can easily vote with just 1 IP, but if, say, Hamilton, changed proxy IP addresses over and over, each of his socks could vote and they would have one IP address to themselves. What we want to do is ban them so you'll have to post from a legitimate, legal IP address that is not affiliated with a proxy, thus making is nearly impossible for one to with their socks unless they physically go elsewhere. Most proxy IPs show up as proxies when entered into a database. Unfortunately, mods will have to go through this process with each voter, but it needs to be done.
Ah, okay. Thanks Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 03:52:31 PM »

Abstain, for now
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 05:56:16 PM »

I will hesitantly vote aye for the amendment and hope we can get someone like Lunar or Alcon in there.

I have passed, and will continue to pass, on moderating boards I do not post on.

Someone clearly loves searching his own name.
Or maybe he's just someone who just reads Atlasia for fun, but doesn't actually post? He never said he doesn't read these boards.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 04:44:43 PM »

Why does a moderator need a position? Why can't they just do it? We have plenty of moderators who are involved in Atlasia who I'm sure would be more than willing to help.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 09:16:05 PM »

Abstain
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies