Democratic MI/MS election results thread (first results @8pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:28:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic MI/MS election results thread (first results @8pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic MI/MS election results thread (first results @8pm ET)  (Read 29897 times)
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« on: March 08, 2016, 08:15:09 PM »

This just in: Sanders campaign demands the counting of voting in Michigan stops now!  

lol
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 09:18:48 PM »

It's happening Cheesy
How is Sanders winning Wayne County???

It could be due to the fact that less than 10% of those precincts are in.

6% to be exact.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 09:22:37 PM »

Only 6% of Flint has been counted as well. Huge Hillary margins there. Wink
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 09:31:46 PM »

Shout out to Nate Silver who gave Clinton a 99% chance of winning Michigan.

Unless he turns out to be wrong he was 100% right on his prediction.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 09:58:11 PM »

It is soooooo pathetic seeing hillary hacks rely on black voters like this.

Bernie wishes he could get any significant support from minorities.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 10:11:31 PM »

Gotta laugh at all the Burnbros who thought they had this in the bag ROFL

Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 10:19:07 PM »

Even if Hillary does win, so much for that slaughter everyone thought.

Nah, that will be next Tuesday. Wink
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 10:20:45 PM »

I know this may upset the Sanders fans (who don’t exactly love me), but our delegate targets say that Sanders should win Michigan by four delegates over Clinton in a race that’s tied nationally. The problem is that Sanders has already run well behind his overall delegate targets. That means he needs to be doing even better than them to really have a shot. This doesn’t mean it wasn’t a good night for Sanders — it definitely was. But the road ahead is long even if he pulls off what would be a shocking victory.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/michigan-mississippi-idaho-hawaii-primaries-presidential-election-2016/
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 10:45:37 PM »

I have no doubt that this race is going to California now.

Well, he'll stay in the race but he's not going to be able to actually catch her in delegates.

This.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 10:47:57 PM »

In other news, even though comparing to 08 is a little problematic to compare to, the dems are up a couple hundred thousand votes in total.

But significantly behind the GOP vote count in MI.

Which is irrelevant moving to the general election.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 10:51:50 PM »

Lol at all the news outlets that called this for Hillary right away. Even if she stills wins, it was wrong to call it then.

I think it was just ddhq

Correct. Are you thinking of MS instead?
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 11:03:22 PM »

I'm still not sure why people are ignoring the delegate math here. This does not close the gap for Sanders, not even close.

This.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 11:05:40 PM »

Even if Sanders wins tonight it's just another meaningless win. Next Tuesday is his real test. Put up or shut up!
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 11:07:09 PM »

I'm still not sure why people are ignoring the delegate math here. This does not close the gap for Sanders, not even close.

This.

I've noticed that you never truly make any contributions to any discussions at all. Almost everything I've seen you do in these past few days is quote another Clinton's supporter's goalpost moving with the word "This." Why not try using your own opinions?

I just did before you posted this. Wink
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 11:11:37 PM »

This.

I've noticed that you never truly make any contributions to any discussions at all. Almost everything I've seen you do in these past few days is quote another Clinton's supporter's goalpost moving with the word "This." Why not try using your own opinions?

Fair enough. But still, a disproportionate amount of your posting activity is simply empty quoting other Clinton hacks.

Us "hacks" are still easily beating you Bernie "bots"
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 11:13:01 PM »

Honestly, I see a path to victory for Sanders. The math is hard, but it is not impossible. It is simply too early to declare the race over.
What's the path to 50%+1 of pledged delegates?

He doesn't have one.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 11:19:34 PM »

I'm just glad that Hillary won the most pledged delegates tonight. Her lead remains strong one week out from Super Tuesday II.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 11:20:45 PM »

People said Bernie could only win caucuses. He could only win small states. Tonight will be a big statement.

I'll give you that. But can he do it again in a week?
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 11:23:01 PM »

This.

Fair enough. But still, a disproportionate amount of your posting activity is simply empty quoting other Clinton hacks.

You only believe that because you seem to believe that there is no possible way for a superdelegate to switch endorsements. Yes, Clinton could theoretically reach the threshold using superdelegates, but if Sanders held the lead in pledged delegates, it's very likely that those superdelegates would switch over to Sanders. The superdelegates will likely have no effect whatsoever on the primaries.

Erm, she's going to have a ~220-230 pledged delegate lead after tonight. That's extremely difficult to overcome in a 100% proportional system.

It was a theoretical statement. Our friend "3peat 2016" here seems to think that Clinton will be able to win on the backs of superdelegates.

As long as she has a 1 pledged delegate lead after June 7th SHE WILL WIN ON THE BACKS OF SUPERDELEGATES.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2016, 11:28:53 PM »

This.

You only believe that because you seem to believe that there is no possible way for a superdelegate to switch endorsements. Yes, Clinton could theoretically reach the threshold using superdelegates, but if Sanders held the lead in pledged delegates, it's very likely that those superdelegates would switch over to Sanders. The superdelegates will likely have no effect whatsoever on the primaries.

Erm, she's going to have a ~220-230 pledged delegate lead after tonight. That's extremely difficult to overcome in a 100% proportional system.

It was a theoretical statement. Our friend "3peat 2016" here seems to think that Clinton will be able to win on the backs of superdelegates.

As long as she has a 1 pledged delegate lead after June 7th SHE WILL WIN ON THE BACKS OF SUPERDELEGATES.

That's true, but then, she would have the majority even without superdelegates. On the other hand, if she didn't have the majority in pledged delegates, I have serious doubts that the superdelegates would overrule the people. Like somebody else here said, it's a catch-22. The only time when superdelegates will actually be able to save her, they won't save her.

Bernie Sanders was never gonna = Obama 2008 which is what so many Sanders fans seemed to think this election cycle. Obama had to virtually sweep the south to remain close to Hillary. Hillary has won all those states by YYUUGGEE margins this year.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 06:50:49 AM »

You can't accurately make a prediction when the only polls that have been done are garbage.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 06:56:26 AM »

Congrats to all the Bernie supporters on a great win in Michigan. It was hard fought and Bernie did much better than expected. On to Super Tuesday II.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies