Is Game of Thrones one of the worst TV shows of all time? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 10:45:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Is Game of Thrones one of the worst TV shows of all time? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Game of Thrones one of the worst TV shows of all time?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Is Game of Thrones one of the worst TV shows of all time?  (Read 1208 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: October 22, 2021, 10:21:31 AM »

no lol, let's be real for a second. There's a LOT of crap on TV
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 03:13:08 PM »

no lol, let's be real for a second. There's a LOT of crap on TV
Yes but Season 8 of Game of Thrones is like a whole new level of crap.

Nah, season 8 is honestly what the average writing quality for TV used to be until a couple decades ago. The reason it's so jarring here is because the show had set much higher standards.

And let's not even get started on the entire genre of ""reality"" TV, which is automatically worse than almost any fictional show.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 09:24:44 AM »

Anyway, I think Game of Thrones is certainly one of the most overrated shows of all time. First four series were good, but the quality nosedived in series 5 as they ran out of original material and resorted mainly to ‘crash, bang, wallop’ action scenes and fan service to fill the void. Of course, they didn’t even provide the fan service in series 8, thus ensuring that the show will be forever tainted in the eyes of many. I think of it as kind of being like a massive bubble that was eventually pricked, because it couldn’t live up to the enormous expectations that had been placed upon it.

Exactly. The problem with BRTD is that he can't help overstating his case and as a result loses people who'd otherwise agree with him. If this poll's title was "Is Game of Thrones massively overrated?" I think the results would have been very different.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 04:39:57 AM »
« Edited: October 25, 2021, 11:20:37 AM by Doctor V »

Anyway, I think Game of Thrones is certainly one of the most overrated shows of all time. First four series were good, but the quality nosedived in series 5 as they ran out of original material and resorted mainly to ‘crash, bang, wallop’ action scenes and fan service to fill the void. Of course, they didn’t even provide the fan service in series 8, thus ensuring that the show will be forever tainted in the eyes of many. I think of it as kind of being like a massive bubble that was eventually pricked, because it couldn’t live up to the enormous expectations that had been placed upon it.

Exactly. The problem with BRTD is that he can't help overstating his case and as a result loses people who'd otherwise agree with him. If this poll's title was "Is Game of Thrones massively overrated?" I think the results would have been very different.

"Did the Game of Thrones ending suck?" is a completely uncontroversial position that wouldn't generate any debate at all. It'd be like comparing The Shawshank Redemption to one of the Twilight movies and asking which is better.

Well, sure, but that's not the question I asked.

Asking "is X overrated" is almost guaranteed to produce discussion in most circles, because you're explicitly prompting people to dissent from the consensus.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies