TX-SEN 2024 megathread: The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:09:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-SEN 2024 megathread: The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20
Author Topic: TX-SEN 2024 megathread: The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer  (Read 25562 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2023, 11:08:08 PM »

TX is Safe R ANYWAYS

It's a 303 map with wave insurance but there can be split voting in OH and MT S, it's very hard to break the 304 map especially in TX

I am hoping we can make up some ground in MO to get to 51 especially since Manchin is losing , Kander almost won in 2016

Spectator
United States

« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2023, 08:51:02 AM »

Notice how Cruz has been underwater ever since the snow storm Cancun trip. His approvals are much worse now compared to what they were in October 2018.

https://texaspolitics.utexas.edu/set/ted-cruz-job-approval-trend-0
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2023, 09:43:09 AM »

Notice how Cruz has been underwater ever since the snow storm Cancun trip. His approvals are much worse now compared to what they were in October 2018.

So was Ron Johnson, in a less red state than Texas. And Johnson won. Approval ratings don't mean s**t for Senators.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2023, 09:55:48 AM »

It's certainly encouraging for Dems, though approval ratings are less significant these days than a state's partisan lean. While TX isn't as red as KY at the federal level, atrocious approval ratings didn't stop McTurtleman from handily winning reelection. Cruz obviously isn't going to win by the double digits, though I'd still consider him favored.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2023, 10:11:24 AM »

So was Ron Johnson, in a less red state than Texas. And Johnson won. Approval ratings don't mean s**t for Senators.

His low approval rating was the reason WI-Sen ended up so close in the first place LOL. Although if you're predicting a Cruz win here, then this looks like a likely flip.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2023, 10:36:00 AM »

We don't even know whom the nominees are in FL or TX there are several blks running so when there is a clear front runner and it's not Allred we will see whom is gonna win right now it appears to be John Love but Zachary Manning is yet to officially announced there is gonna be a blk nominee because of DALLAS

Just like in FL and Emerson has Biden 3 pts down Boswell appears to be nominee Bernie has endorsed Boswell he hasn't endorsed anyone in TX and he is close to Kunce and Brown , Bernie
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2023, 04:44:26 PM »

I'm not too beat up about Allred being out either. I never thought Democrats had much of a chance here yet barring a Cruz-O'Rourke rematch if Beto hadn't run for President and Governor.

I still think Democrats' best strategy is to go all-in on defense and pray that they somehow don't lose more than one seat, especially among the Trump state Senators.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2023, 05:39:21 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2023, 05:49:43 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

D's have targets in MO, FL and TX just like RS have targets in OH, MT and WV this is the same R party that didn't beat a single D inc S in 20/22 they failed in NV, GA and AZ and users still think they are gonna win all these seats

Users keep going by the same Approvals that were wrong last time we still have to VOTE
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2023, 08:04:14 AM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2023, 08:07:19 AM »

Bye Cruz
Spectator
United States

« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2023, 08:18:12 AM »

A Hispanic Democrat that represents a large swath of the border is probably the best option
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2023, 10:15:59 AM »

The party went hard after Vicente Gonzalez here but he didn't bite - good to see that they didn't give up on the "Hispanic Democrat from the border" strategy as a result.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2023, 10:37:59 AM »

The party went hard after Vicente Gonzalez here but he didn't bite - good to see that they didn't give up on the "Hispanic Democrat from the border" strategy as a result.

Probably the best profile for a Democrat hoping to outpace Biden
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2023, 06:25:49 PM »

I'm not too beat up about Allred being out either. I never thought Democrats had much of a chance here yet barring a Cruz-O'Rourke rematch if Beto hadn't run for President and Governor.

I still think Democrats' best strategy is to go all-in on defense and pray that they somehow don't lose more than one seat, especially among the Trump state Senators.

Dems would be silly to waste a chance to compete for a senate seat in a Dem-trending state with an unpopular Senator
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2023, 08:06:56 PM »

Well I have to remind you that this is the only realistic opportunity for a pickup for the Democrats, so giving up on this race would be a bad idea and there are plenty of other reasons why it'd be bad to pass this up.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2023, 02:23:46 AM »

Well I have to remind you that this is the only realistic opportunity for a pickup for the Democrats, so giving up on this race would be a bad idea and there are plenty of other reasons why it'd be bad to pass this up.

The main reason it’s dumb is that there’s a solid case to be made that TX-Sen is more likely to go Democrat than either MT-Sen or OH-Sen, and like you said, it’s the only real pickup opportunity for the DSCC.

Plus a Democrat win in the Senate race, even if Trump narrowly took the state at the presidential level, squarely puts the state on the board for 2028 and going forward.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2023, 02:56:53 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2023, 09:18:26 AM by Virginiá »

The main reason it’s dumb is that there’s a solid case to be made that TX-Sen is more likely to go Democrat than either MT-Sen or OH-Sen, and like you said, it’s the only real pickup opportunity for the DSCC.

Plus a Democrat win in the Senate race, even if Trump narrowly took the state at the presidential level, squarely puts the state on the board for 2028 and going forward.
Ted Cruz is not that unpopular like these Democrats here on Atlas are claiming.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2023, 03:40:05 AM »

Gutierrez would need something like this:

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2023, 03:57:59 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2023, 04:01:40 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

You said DESANTIS and Cameron we're going to win it's called the blk vote Oz, Laxalt, Masters, Walker lost their 5 pt lead

Beshear is up 9% on Cameron and Biden is leading Trump and DeSantis by 5

Biden is at 50% in Rassy polls it's over when inc is at 50 just like Beshear has a 62% Approvals,it's wave insurance and Reeves isn't at 50% he is at 46 like Kotek and Cruz
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2023, 04:52:34 PM »

This person will look you dead in the eyes and unflinchingly tell you that liberals live in a bubble.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2023, 05:06:00 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2023, 05:11:50 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

This person will look you dead in the eyes and unflinchingly tell you that liberals live in a bubble.

Waves happened in end of Eday cycle not beginning that's why Presley has a chance Reeves is under 50 like Cruz is and Hawley can lose too because Kunce is a Kander candidate

How did Johnson and Vance overcome I deficits in 22 Ryan and Barnes were lead pre IAN it was tye October surprise IAN that boosted RS narrow lead in H all of a sudden they won NY seats please they are going to lose in 24

Obama was polling like Biden in 2012 and Sandy bump,  I am expecting one for Ds since DeSantis is losing without Tsunami IAN

Red states like MO and OH and TX have Blks and brown skinned people too that's why Obama, Carter, Clinton won TX, MO, OH, there is a NAACP boycott and no Barber in IA and FL but he goes to SC and NC and GA that's why in a 53/47 SC can flip like IN did in 2008 we aren't living in a bubble , you predicted NV wrong I predicted wrong too but I over predicted not under
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2023, 07:50:41 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2023, 07:57:57 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Users keep forgetting we are running against Trump not DeSantis and we have to run against someone DeSantis has a 45 unfav Trump has a 63 Biden will scrutinize both next yr Biden isn't I'm scrutinize campaign mode he is in fundraiser campaign mode there is no real D primary so olse stop saying a wave isn't inevitable

It's a 303 5o)47 Eday , Romney and McCain got 47 percent but if it's a 53/47 like Obama and Biden gotten 2008/12  OH, NC and TX flips for 52)48 S or 53/47 with WV the PVI will reflect the S number and H will go D
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2023, 08:42:46 PM »

He nearly lost Texas as a Republican. Texas may not be there just yet for the Democrats but Cruz is the most likely person to fall through the floor.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2023, 09:52:27 PM »

As I said WV is gone that gives Ds 50 seats and the PVI in 2008/12/2o RS got 47 to Ds 50 if it's 52)48 S which will mimic the PVI we net TX and MO but 2016 like a lot of Conserv don't understand the blk vote we aren't thed majority but liberal white men, white women and Latinos can make up 5 percent and KY and MS Govs are so close, Reeves only won by 5 last time too, Blks can make up 5 percent that's why Cameron, is losing to Beshear he is losing the blk vote like Oz, Laxalt, Masters and Walker did

Vance and Johnson got lucky like NY RS and NJ R Kean when they won barely on DeSantis IAN BUMP, ESPECIALLYJohnson whom won by 1 is Doomed in 2028
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2023, 03:03:33 AM »
« Edited: April 21, 2023, 03:08:51 AM by Interlocutor »

So with 16 months left until the election; Dems should not bother trying to flip a seat in a southern state that's trending their way, where they badly need to lay down some party infrastructure and which represents its only reasonable Senate pickup because the Senator doesn't seem all that unpopular?

Where have I heard that before in the last few years?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies