COVID-19 Megathread 4: Grandma Got Run Over by the Dow Jones (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:43:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 4: Grandma Got Run Over by the Dow Jones (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 4: Grandma Got Run Over by the Dow Jones  (Read 116045 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: April 03, 2020, 04:38:01 PM »

The governor of Iowa is half-wit apparently.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 04:54:43 PM »

WSJ: BREAKING NEWS The CDC is recommending Americans voluntarily wear nonmedical masks in public to limit coronavirus transmission, Trump says

But Trump says that he himself won't wear one, because he is mentally deficient and completely devoid of leadership skills.
It isn't good for his TV ratings.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 02:20:08 PM »

We need to be more holistic than just saying that the only goal is to completely stop a virus.  By that logic, we should live in lockdown forever.  We would almost never get sick if we did that, but it would also be no life to lead.
Downplaying the seriousness of this pandemic by comparing it to typical viruses is inappropriate IMO and a textbook example of a bad faith argument. Minimizing lives lost is our #1 priority right now other than preventing anarchy and total collapse of economy/ government. That in no way compares to seasonal influenza, and you know that.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 02:21:05 PM »

Do we know when things will be back to normal? (meaning: large gatherings, multiple people shopping, non-essential businessis open, no National Gaurd at state boarders, not having to wear masks, etc)?

When the FDA approves remdesivir for broad use, which they won't do.
The FDA is part of Hillary's deep state.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 04:32:04 PM »

BREAKING: American man vaccinates entire nation

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 05:46:18 PM »

Look what happens when you stray from the word of our lord and savior Jeb!
They should have clapped.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 05:49:44 PM »

Bill Gates could hands down do Trump's job better than Trump.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 06:35:06 PM »

Working at Target I can tell you that we have strict limits on essential items now, panic buying has pretty much been banned. I can tell you this cause I’ve been verbally harassed and berated over the past few weeks upholding them. But guess what? Those customers can get f**ked. Done being polite.

Besides toilet paper and cleaning supplies, what are people trying to hoard?

Condoms and, weirdly, garlic powder have been pretty scarce in my area. It seriously took my days to find some damn garlic powder. I guess a lot of people anticipate cooking at home...and then having sex. With garlic breath?
If you both have garlic breath, it doesn't have to be a big deal unless one of you make it a big deal. Neither one if you is being gross as compared to the other and it cancels out.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2020, 06:57:19 PM »

LMAO!!!!!

Imagine declaring that Dr. Fauci might not be an expert, but posting it in a tone that bssically demands that everybody take you seriously.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2020, 08:42:41 PM »

I'm not the one that predicted what Fauci predicted, and I don't have the credentials to give an expert opinion.  I'm not a science guy, period.  But I'm acquainted on a daily basis about the economic devastation this quarantine has been on the most ECONOMICALLY vulnerable in our country, and that's the relatively unskilled working poor.

Dr. Fauci is an expert, and I'll give him that.  I'll give him a number of benefits of the doubt.  But I'm not going to agree to the idea that, yes, a 5 month lockdown is OK; anything to beat this virus.  That's a cure that is likely worse than the disease, yet people are proposing that in this situation.  

I'm not going to let Fauci off the hook.  He said what he said in February, and he was advising Trump then.  That doesn't mean he's wrong now, but it is fair to say he was wrong not too long ago, or he's wrong now and was right then.
You're saying "the lockdown is economically bad", but you're not taking into account what would happen economically if we ended it and everybody got sick. My province (state) had a press conference on Friday where our leading experts said "let me be clear, the lockdown is better for the economy. There is NO CHOICE between economy and saving lives".

The facts don't care about your feelings, and the facts do NOT clearly show that the lockdown is worse than what you are suggesting for the economy.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2020, 04:14:01 AM »

I hope people in this thread are keeping in mind that once we peak and ride the pandemic to the bottom/end, nations are not going to be open their borders without a second slightly smaller wave starting the whole thing up all over again in autumn. A third wave is also possible by winter. You need to either administer millions of vaccines, keep outsiders out of your country or have over 50% of your citizens get the virus and survive and develop immunity. I don't see this being taken into consideration in 75%+ of speculative posts.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2020, 07:02:13 AM »

My local PetsMart has a new setup where you have to order and pay online, and then later when you arrive, you call and they come outside and put your items in your car. They required my address and email address on top of my credit card payment and phone number. I don't lile giving companies all this info and typically would take my business elsewhere, but I don't want to buy crickets online. Can't let my elderly leopard gecko starve.

Big picture, I'm thankful that these are the problems I'm dealing with during COVID-19 and not health issues or death of myself or loved ones. My life is blessed, inshallah.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 10:30:21 PM »

Florida and DeSantis have been raked over the coals on here and in much of the media.

At what point do facts enter the conversation?  We've been hearing for a month now that Florida is about to explode and DeSantis committed mass murder by not closing beaches (lol).  Florida has less deaths than Illinois despite having millions more residents, and at the same time has tested about 20K more and has a similar number of infected.  Somehow JB has been praised on here for his strong response.

Anyone willing to admit they were just making stuff up when the said beaches were going to cause mass death?
Combining logic, common sense, science and history to make informed predictions about the future is not "making stuff up".
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2020, 10:42:11 PM »

Anyone willing to admit they were just making stuff up when the said beaches were going to cause mass death?
Combining logic, common sense, science and history to make informed predictions about the future is not "making stuff up".

If you did any of that, you wouldn't have been saying all the dumb things you said.
Your argument is what exactly? Packing beaches full of people shoulder to shoulder during a deadly pandemic WON'T result in increases in infections and deaths? Lol.

I'll just leave this hear, regarding the bolded in your post:

Penn Quaker Girl assured me that mathematically we can assume that 10,000+ will die AT MINIMUM. She studies / works with epidemics so I respect her advice regarding COV-19.

Quoted for posterity.

Let's check back on that prediction in 2 months time in the USA, and see how the logic of your argument unfolds.

You have 9,907 deaths remaining.

It took 20 days.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2020, 10:53:42 PM »

Florida and DeSantis have been raked over the coals on here and in much of the media.

At what point do facts enter the conversation?  We've been hearing for a month now that Florida is about to explode and DeSantis committed mass murder by not closing beaches (lol).  Florida has less deaths than Illinois despite having millions more residents, and at the same time has tested about 20K more and has a similar number of infected.  Somehow JB has been praised on here for his strong response.

If you did any of that, you wouldn't have been saying all the dumb things you said.

Great. Now finish him off with "I know you are but what am I".

Contribute, or zip it.

"Zip it?" I am undone by the orotory of this modern day Cato!. Alas!!
Green Line =

EDIT - LOL I just noticed in the last 1.5 seconds of that video, he makes an extremely Trumpian hand gesture
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2020, 10:57:31 PM »

I'll just leave this here...
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2020, 02:32:57 AM »

Bad and or sick guy.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2020, 09:38:28 PM »

Hospitals are different than nursing homes where MAGA toads are ignoring power of attorney to use the elderly as guinea pigs.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2020, 10:05:59 PM »

Popular and much-referenced IHME model for USA coronavirus pandemic has revised their projected numbers to show only 60,000 American COVID-19 deaths (in this first wave of the pandemic) as opposed to previous numbers of 80,000, 90,000 and even earlier - as mentioned by Birx and Fauci - 100,000 to 200,000.  There is much death to come sadly, but this is great news. We will a second wave and probably a third before this is all over with.

References
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/ihme-model-revised-again-cutting-coronavirus-death-projection-by-over-35-percent-in-days/

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2020, 10:13:53 PM »

Popular and much-referenced IHME model for USA coronavirus pandemic has revised their projected numbers to show only 60,000 American COVID-19 deaths (in this first wave of the pandemic) as opposed to previous numbers of 80,000, 90,000 and even earlier - as mentioned by Birx and Fauci - 100,000 to 200,000.  There is much death to come sadly, but this is great news. We will a second wave and probably a third before this is all over with.

References
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/ihme-model-revised-again-cutting-coronavirus-death-projection-by-over-35-percent-in-days/

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't it also suggesting the peak is now earlier too?
That's correct, they adjusted it by a few days.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2020, 10:33:42 PM »

References

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't it also suggesting the peak is now earlier too?
That's correct, they adjusted it by a few days.

They don't have peaks for cases hmm that's surprising
"Recorded / reported cases" isn't aways an accurate number when testimg isn't done widely. Deaths are a more tangible measure.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2020, 10:52:32 PM »

Hospitals are different than nursing homes where MAGA toads are ignoring power of attorney to use the elderly as guinea pigs.

How do you know the doctor is a "MAGA toad"?
Read the tweet again.

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2020, 12:35:02 AM »

I'm literally f__king CRYING of laughter. This guy is funnier than any comedian ever has been or ever could be.

Who ever said evangelical Republicans were good for nothing?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2020, 01:33:15 AM »

I'm literally f__king CRYING of laughter. This guy is funnier than any comedian ever has been or ever could be.

https://youtu.be/zi_qX50zv7k

Who ever said evangelical Republicans were good for nothing?

Looks like he can barely container his own laughter

Its funny until you realize he's worth $760 million.
He destroyed COVID-19 forever and it will never be back. Trump spend trillions to help the markets last month. He should have just offered Copeland a cool billion to blow the wind of God on coronavirus instead.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2020, 09:51:11 PM »

LMFAO, I go to work and come back and there's now a poster in here arguing that the death count is inflated because a bunch of people got COVID-19, got hospitalized for it, and then died... for non-COVID reasons. What the f__k is this? Cirque de Soliel has NOTHING on these mental gymnastics.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies