Benazir Bhutto assassinated. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:05:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Benazir Bhutto assassinated. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Benazir Bhutto assassinated.  (Read 4374 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: December 27, 2007, 08:27:15 PM »

There's a good chance that he'll be next.

I was walking about the apartment complex tonight.  It's about 24 degrees Fahrenheit and there's at least a foot of snow covering most of the ground.  There's a couple, about four doors down, from Pakistan.  Physicians.  Well, she's a full-time mama, and hasn't practiced since her youngest, Ali, was born, but he still has a day job at a clinic a few miles away.  But they used to both work at a hospital in New Jersey.  Nice folks.  I first met them at the Iowa Department of Motor Vehicles in July, back when we were both applying for Iowa drivers licenses.  (In the USA, it is the custom to acquire a new drivers license within 30 days of moving into a new state.  One is meant to surrender his out-of-state license, pay a small fee, and obtain a new one.  I usually don't bother, and just wait till my old one expires, but in Iowa the license is very cheap--20 dollars for five years--and the caucus is closed, so I saw it as a chance to register to vote as well as get a cheap in-state license.)  Anyway, they were there, and I recognized them from my neighborhood so I walked over and started to chat.  The Mrs. Dr. Paki introduced me to her husband and two sons, Ali and Muhammed (no, I'm not making that up, their children were actually named Ali and Muhammed), and so I introduced her family to my wife.  Later, we would sometimes see them frolicking about here.  Riding their scooters or playing at the pool.  (I'm dying to see her in a bikini since she seems so well-built under that soft cotton chiffon garments, but she always covers her lovely brown skin, even on warm days when she's lounging at the pool.)  Not many non-WASPs in Cedar Falls, as you might imagine, so I always spot them immediately when they're outside.   Tonight there were out building snowmen.  I spoke to her about the assassination.  Expressed my condolences and asked whether she thought Mushi had a hand in it.  She laughed and said, "No, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was next."  When I asked her to elaborate she only suggested what you did, vaguely and with some implied resignation to the fact that I probably wouldn't understand short of some lengthy explanation. 

I was reminded of her comment when I read your post.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies