Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:57:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 97
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 108185 times)
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: August 13, 2021, 12:04:39 AM »

had fun with a friend at Lake Lure NC

Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #776 on: August 13, 2021, 05:50:40 PM »

A few weeks ago I gave my signature for a number of referendum proposals to reform the Italian judiciary. Despite the proposals being spearheaded by political factions I dislike (Lega and the Radicals), I think they were mostly rather valid. I know that there is significant opposition to this especially from the left of centre, on the rationale that the judicial reforms proposed by Minister Cartabia and currently discussed in Parliament are sufficient, but I feel like I did the right thing, I exercised my rights as a citizen. I would rather err on this side here - if I have a change of heart of any kind I can always vote No when and if the actual referenda happen.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #777 on: August 14, 2021, 08:12:40 PM »

Back in Mobile! Changed my avatar to reflect it.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #778 on: August 14, 2021, 08:43:59 PM »

Too drunk to f#ck but not too drunk to sh!tpost on Atlas
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #779 on: August 15, 2021, 01:11:27 AM »

I hate sales tax audit requests. Federal government purchases are sales tax exempt, but no matter how many times I tell the technicians that, there’s still purchases made with sales tax paid. So now I have to call some auto shop up in Idaho and see if I can get the sales tax refunded. Ugh.
I feel for you. I have the same problem on the other end. Among various accounting tasks I handle, one is sales tax for a company that does installation of its product, so the sales tax should be calculated based on where it's installed, but they treat it all as if it's local. (It's not as if they need to be aware of municipal boundaries, just county boundaries, tho I do in some counties. [There are several types of local sales tax in South Carolina, and while the rate is always* uniform within a county, for one type it has to be broken down when reporting by municipality, if any, as the money goes to the municipality directly.])

* There are some variations for prepared (i.e., restaurant) food and for the Catawba reservation and for Myrtle Beach, but none of those affect that client.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #780 on: August 15, 2021, 03:15:58 PM »

Today's my 34th birthday.  33 was a bit of a rough year, hopefully 34 will be better.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #781 on: August 15, 2021, 03:31:02 PM »

I am currently on holiday in Siena (beautiful place) for about a week. Today, on the Feast of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, I got to attend Mass in the ancient and very magnificent Siena Cathedral - which incidentally is dedicated to the Assumption of Mary. It was just wondrous!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #782 on: August 15, 2021, 06:59:34 PM »

In a week and half I will become D-VT for an extended period of time. I'm excited.

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #783 on: August 18, 2021, 01:40:55 PM »

Finally got my BioNtech/Pfitzer vaccine shot today. As I was tested positive six months ago, there's just one shot recommended by the RKI (German CDC) after half a year has passed. It was absolutely painless and quickly done at a vaccination center. Two weeks from now, I'm considered "fully vaccinated".

Don't feel any side effects so far, though that may change tomorrow. My dad, who got his shot last week, only had moderate pain in his arm while my stepmom felt sick for two days. Let's see what happens, I'm just glad it finally happened.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #784 on: August 18, 2021, 02:57:48 PM »

Finally got my BioNtech/Pfitzer vaccine shot today. As I was tested positive six months ago, there's just one shot recommended by the RKI (German CDC) after half a year has passed. It was absolutely painless and quickly done at a vaccination center. Two weeks from now, I'm considered "fully vaccinated".

Don't feel any side effects so far, though that may change tomorrow. My dad, who got his shot last week, only had moderate pain in his arm while my stepmom felt sick for two days. Let's see what happens, I'm just glad it finally happened.

Yeah, the side effects are different for everyone. I didn't have any (well I said I did to miss school), but some in my family did.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #785 on: August 18, 2021, 07:18:21 PM »

I forgot to update people but I got my 2nd Moderna dose on Monday at about 1pm

On Monday I was fine other than my arm hurting a bit. However late at night I developed a very sudden fever, I was shaking a lot.

Tuesday I woke up horribly and was sick the entire day. Paracetamol every 6 hours saved me from being completely useless and in a horrible state. I did oddly gradually get better as the day passed though (normally when I am sick I feel worse during the evening and better during the morning)

Today I woke up fine other than a small headache which quickly went away.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #786 on: August 18, 2021, 10:05:35 PM »

i am v mad at myself for getting so fat
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #787 on: August 18, 2021, 11:52:07 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2021, 06:09:21 AM by for a brighter day »

Finally got my BioNtech/Pfitzer vaccine shot today. As I was tested positive six months ago, there's just one shot recommended by the RKI (German CDC) after half a year has passed.

Interesting, have heard of that from a German friend as well. I'm not sure there's any other country where that is the case, but it seems like a logical thing to do to get maximal use of the doses available.

Hopefully having been infected (January) and double-vaccinated (March and April) makes me about as protected as a person can be. I'm not too worried about Delta, because even when I had the virus it was relatively mild (relatively mild - it was horrible, but did not feel dangerous) and would certainly be milder now, but I'm just exhausted. I want to not think about it ever again.

i am v mad at myself for getting so fat

i feel that

the pandemic diet is...not great
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #788 on: August 19, 2021, 05:43:28 AM »

Finally got my BioNtech/Pfitzer vaccine shot today. As I was tested positive six months ago, there's just one shot recommended by the RKI (German CDC) after half a year has passed.

Interesting, have heard of that from a German friend as well. I'm not sure there's any other country where that is the case, but it seems like a logical thing to do to get maximal use of the doses available.

Hopefully having been infected (January) and double-vaccinated (March and April) makes me about as protected as a person can be. I'm not too worried about Delta, because even when I had the virus it was relatively mild (relatively mild - it was horrible, but did not feel dangerous) and would certainly be milder now, but I'm just exhausted. I want to not think about it ever again.

I can say that the Spanish protocol seems to be exactly the same as the German one. If you've caught covid at any point, you only get 1 shot of the vaccine and not two.

You also must wait for 6 months until you get your only shot, although starting right now my region will cut this from 6 months to only 2 in order to get more people vaccinated.

I would not be too surprised if it was some sort of EU wide policy, but I think it's country by country.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #789 on: August 19, 2021, 01:49:01 PM »

I can say that the Spanish protocol seems to be exactly the same as the German one. If you've caught covid at any point, you only get 1 shot of the vaccine and not two.

You also must wait for 6 months until you get your only shot, although starting right now my region will cut this from 6 months to only 2 in order to get more people vaccinated.

I would not be too surprised if it was some sort of EU wide policy, but I think it's country by country.

Apparently this has nothing to so with saving doses. It's just not necessary from a medical standpoint, according to the RKI. I would assume the national institutes of EU countries coordinate themselves with the EMA. However, Germany and Spain for some reason consider the status "fully vaccinated" only after two weeks of the final (or only) shot. Meanwhile, my digital vaccination certifacte is already valid for France or Greece.

As opposed to yesterday, I actually feel a little tired and earlier today had moderate pain in the head, which is now gone. I don't have any pain in the arm, which 80% described as side effect in studies. What I just read is that previously infected patients may have more intense side effects since their immune system is already sensibilized for the virus and then countering with more intensity. My stepmon, who was also infected, actually felt sick for three full days last week after the shot before it got better.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #790 on: August 24, 2021, 07:49:09 AM »

Lately, every 2 weeks or so, I've started to do some walks on the countryside alone, and while the first one was a nice experience, they've gone from bad to worse since.

In the last one I took (this Sunday), I slid down on a wet section and fell for a while. Thankfully I didn't get injured at all other than like extremely superficial injuries on my leg and getting my clothes super dirty with mud. Even worse, I immediately proceeded to get completely lost, with no cellphone coverage (I wasn't even in a particularly remote area, the whole walk takes about 15 minutes!).

There wasn't anyone around and after like 20 minutes of failing to find the path I finally found it and was able to come home safe, but I am starting to think that doing something like that is extremely risky and that I've been lucky to not get completely lost or something and that I should at least tell somebody where I am going and that kind of stuff and prepare better even when I attempt super simple stuff.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #791 on: August 24, 2021, 07:52:18 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2021, 08:06:15 AM by bagelman »

I have decided to be more sympathetic to Trans people than I was before. I'm not sure this is worth making an announcement for, as I don't remember being openly transphobic, but I'm bored.

I'm working on my confidence. My current job is a terrible fit for me, pays less than the fast food place down the street, and tires me out. I need something better but I'm afraid of breaking out of my tendency to accept whatever I get without argument. I could also take a computer class or try day trading.

I need to start living my best life.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #792 on: August 24, 2021, 08:07:13 AM »

Finally got my second dose of Pfizer.

Feeling the lethargy today, but very relieved to finally be fully dosed. 
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #793 on: August 24, 2021, 08:24:33 AM »

Lately, every 2 weeks or so, I've started to do some walks on the countryside alone, and while the first one was a nice experience, they've gone from bad to worse since.

In the last one I took (this Sunday), I slid down on a wet section and fell for a while. Thankfully I didn't get injured at all other than like extremely superficial injuries on my leg and getting my clothes super dirty with mud.

For those interested, Tack50 is now comfortable and has agreed to share footage of this embarrassing personal incident.

Tack50

Walking (and Falling) in the Forest

https://youtu.be/A8GnphPdchY
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #794 on: August 24, 2021, 02:03:32 PM »

Apparently this has nothing to so with saving doses. It's just not necessary from a medical standpoint, according to the RKI.

I have heard something (several months ago - April?) about infection + 1x Pfizer actually being slightly more protective than 2x Pfizer without infection, but I'm not sure what the source was.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #795 on: August 25, 2021, 06:30:19 AM »

I have just (as in, a few minutes ago) left Italy for the first time since joining this forum, for a short holiday in the French Alps area. Greetings from the Col de Montgenèvre!
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #796 on: August 25, 2021, 05:08:58 PM »

Apparently this has nothing to so with saving doses. It's just not necessary from a medical standpoint, according to the RKI.

I have heard something (several months ago - April?) about infection + 1x Pfizer actually being slightly more protective than 2x Pfizer without infection, but I'm not sure what the source was.

I don't know the exact sources, but it's pretty clear that vaccines and natural immunity will both play some role in ending the pandemic.  And, it's only the "zero covid"/perpetual restriction types and most hardcore anti-covid vaccine people who deny that.  But, unfortunately, those two groups have outsized microphones in this whole thing.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #797 on: August 27, 2021, 11:10:34 AM »

I have completed my move to Vermont. But don’t fret, the D-NYC avatar will be back on an on and off basis!
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #798 on: August 27, 2021, 05:02:53 PM »

I'm in London right now, and even though I've been here several times before, this is my first time being here alone. My parents and I have pretty different travel philosophies, so for the first time I've finally been able to just get lost and wander for hours on end in a city that's already one of my favorite in the world. I've averaged over 14 miles of walking per day for the last 4 days. I ended up stumbling upon Camden Town, which is an area I had never been to and knew nothing about. That's a really amazing place that really doesn't get its deserved accolades. I would seriously consider moving here if I had any job prospects and the visa process weren't sure to be a nightmare. To any Londoners on Atlas, your city has a lot to be proud of, even in 2021.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #799 on: August 27, 2021, 06:03:26 PM »

I'm in London right now, and even though I've been here several times before, this is my first time being here alone. My parents and I have pretty different travel philosophies, so for the first time I've finally been able to just get lost and wander for hours on end in a city that's already one of my favorite in the world. I've averaged over 14 miles of walking per day for the last 4 days. I ended up stumbling upon Camden Town, which is an area I had never been to and knew nothing about. That's a really amazing place that really doesn't get its deserved accolades. I would seriously consider moving here if I had any job prospects and the visa process weren't sure to be a nightmare. To any Londoners on Atlas, your city has a lot to be proud of, even in 2021.

Glad you’re enjoying it! London is absolutely one of the best cities in the world to just walk and walk and walk. It never gets old.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies