Amendment to the SoEA Codification Act (On the President's Desk)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:35:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Amendment to the SoEA Codification Act (On the President's Desk)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Amendment to the SoEA Codification Act (On the President's Desk)  (Read 4132 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 12:28:09 PM »
« edited: August 18, 2009, 12:31:03 PM by Senator Purple State »

Nay

Don't really mean to cause a stir on my way out, but game reform has been my biggest issue in the Senate. Sorry Lief. Wink
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 12:49:33 PM »

Nay
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 01:33:01 PM »

Nay
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 04:11:29 PM »

Aye, just to be difficult. Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 04:32:21 PM »

*shakes fist in air*

Why I oughta...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 04:53:10 PM »

Nay
we can override it and then send it back to him. If he still chooses to veto it we can easily override him.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 06:11:50 PM »

Aye.

The Deputy GM should be a separate position and the SoEA shouldn't be making news, he should instead be responding to news on as the GM or Deputy GM creates it. Also I think either the GM or Deputy GM could be used to simulate the position of a foriegn country and thus allow the SoEA to negotiate with Foriegn countries(the GM or deputy GM). Thats something we should consider later on. However if the SoEA is creating the news he is also playing the part of foriegn countries and thus is not representing Atlasia 100% if such negotiations were to be created. So this bill as originally crafted would make that consideration impossible. Sorry to leave you this "sucker punch" on the issue of Game Reform on the way out of the Chamber, PS. Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 06:15:33 PM »

The Deputy GM should be a separate position and the SoEA shouldn't be making news, he should instead be responding to news on as the GM or Deputy GM creates it. Also I think either the GM or Deputy GM could be used to simulate the position of a foriegn country and thus allow the SoEA to negotiate with Foriegn countries(the GM or deputy GM). Thats something we should consider later on. However if the SoEA is creating the news he is also playing the part of foriegn countries and thus is not representing Atlasia 100% if such negotiations were to be created. So this bill as originally crafted would make that consideration impossible. Sorry to leave you this "sucker punch" on the issue of Game Reform on the way out of the Chamber, PS. Tongue

No worries. Wink

As a quick note, if negotiations between the SoEA and other countries are necessary, I would be happy to report on the offers, counter-offers, etc. of the other countries.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 06:21:10 PM »

No worries. Wink

As a quick note, if negotiations between the SoEA and other countries are necessary, I would be happy to report on the offers, counter-offers, etc. of the other countries.

Its something we can consider. You play the foriegn country, HW represents Atlasia and you make deals in the in the interest of both countries and then the Senate votes on them. Would add a fun new element to the game.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 09:02:14 PM »

Aye.

I stand by the President on this.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2009, 07:25:18 PM »

After 7 days with 3 Ayes, 4 Nays and 0 Abstentions (I'm not counting PS's vote just in case) Lief's changes have been rejected.

Since it's rejected and I'm the current sponsor I motion to send it back to the President for his signature or veto.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2009, 11:40:36 AM »

Well, dang. Looks like since Lief didn't respond within a week, this is now law.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2009, 12:01:42 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2009, 12:13:54 PM by Jas »

Didn't notice this until now - I must say I strongly agree with the President and Sen. NCYankee. That the SoEA should be both making and responding to news is remarkable. Notable also that the Senate has deemed to pass this over the objections of both the President and the SoEA (I think that's the first time someone has been forced into a job in Atlasia).

It's also very unclear what "where appropriate" means in section 2. Does this imply that the SoEA isn't now ex-officio the Deputy GM. Is some further confirmation required?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2009, 01:02:18 PM »

Well this seems like one of the more questionable bills to be passed in recent memory.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2009, 01:17:54 PM »

Didn't notice this until now - I must say I strongly agree with the President and Sen. NCYankee. That the SoEA should be both making and responding to news is remarkable. Notable also that the Senate has deemed to pass this over the objections of both the President and the SoEA (I think that's the first time someone has been forced into a job in Atlasia).

It's also very unclear what "where appropriate" means in section 2. Does this imply that the SoEA isn't now ex-officio the Deputy GM. Is some further confirmation required?

Anything the SoEA would post must go through GM approval. So it isn't at all subject to abuse unless the GM is crummy, which, at that point, would label your point moot. In addition, it is not a "responsibility" of the SoEA, but rather an option.

It is simply a way to lighten the load on the GM during busy patches. I am the one who crafted it and, as GM, see no issues. I'm willing to hear how exactly this hurts Atlasia though.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies