Sentencing for the following crimes. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:47:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Sentencing for the following crimes. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sentencing for the following crimes.  (Read 8871 times)
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« on: September 03, 2006, 01:32:40 AM »

6.  Possession of one ounce marijuana - 1 year Mandatory Drug Rehab and NA meetings at the defendants expense.

LOL

Rehab would do nothing for marijuana. It would be a waste of time on everyone's part.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 03:51:32 PM »

6.  Possession of one ounce marijuana - 1 year Mandatory Drug Rehab and NA meetings at the defendants expense.

LOL

Rehab would do nothing for marijuana. It would be a waste of time on everyone's part.

Guess you've never met anyone addicted to pot, and yes, its most definitely possible to be addicted to pot.  My brother dropped out of school at the age of 14, doesnt have a job, refuses to do anything, but sit around and smoke all day.  He's been to in out of the juvenile justice system  for the past 3 years.  And its not a disipline thing becuase we were raised in a decent house.  My dad has tried every punishment in the book including beating the sh**t out of him and nothing works.

Sorry to hear about your brother Nick.  I do think people who always say how harmless pot and other drugs are need to hear stories like these.  Many people are willfully naive to the dangers of even 'harmless' drugs like pot.

I wouldn't call marijuana harmless per se, though I don't view it in the same light as crack, heroine, or any of those types of drugs. It's more on the level of alcohol - yes some people will get addicted with all the adverse affects that come with addiction, but most people won't use it so much. I've known quite a few people who use it in about the same moderation that one would use alcohol. So I would say that Andrew's statement about rehab for marijuna being a waste of time is pretty much accurate unless you're going to apply it to specific cases where there actually is true addiction. You wouldn't force a casual drinker to attend AA meetings because there'd be little point in doing so, so I don't see why we would apply a different standard to marijuana.

Thanks John, you got to it before I could.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 12:42:46 PM »

1.  Woman living in poverty steals a loaf of bread to feed her family 1 year

Are you certain your real name isn't Inspector Javert intead of Captain Vlad?
No, he'd want 5 years then.

And the rest because he tried to run....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies