HI-GOV 2018: Ige faces backlash over Hawaii false alert (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:13:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  HI-GOV 2018: Ige faces backlash over Hawaii false alert (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HI-GOV 2018: Ige faces backlash over Hawaii false alert  (Read 7939 times)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 16, 2018, 05:27:38 PM »

As he should.

Ige was probably going to lose before this, this just seals it.

I, for one, am ready for Flawless Beautiful Colleen Yellow heart

What has Ige done, other than this, that was so bad?

Exist in a seat that Hanabusa thinks is hers, probably.

I guess she didn’t learn from her primary challenge to Schatz.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 01:45:55 PM »

Have any of you actually researched any of her positions besides Assad?

"calls for a restoration of the Glass–Steagall Act,"

"called for the breakup of Wells Fargo Bank"

"strongly opposed the Trans-Pacific Partnership"

"called for an immediate withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan"

"traveled to North Dakota to join the protests against the construction of the final leg of the Dakota Access Pipeline near the Standing Rock and Cheyenne River Indian Reservations"

"supports full funding for Medicare and Social Security and opposes efforts to reduce benefits"

"favors allowing Medicare to negotiate with prescription drug firms to secure lower prescription drug prices"

"is pro-choice"

"cosponsored a bill that would let illegal immigrants serve in the US military"

"opposed the Defense of Marriage Act"

"introduced legislation to take marijuana off the federal controlled substances list"

"spoke against Trump's executive order banning refugees"

I don't think a single Republican would agree with all those statements.

I think a lot of Gabbard's bad rep comes from the fact that his father vocally opposed gay marriage.

As a member of the Hawaii House of Representatives, Tulsi Gabbard had this to say about a civil unions bill:

This bill is very disrespectful to the people of Hawaii who have already made their opinion very clear on this matter. As Democrats we should be supporting the will of the people and not a small number of homosexual extremists.

Citation: https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/05/tulsi-gabbard-president-sanders-democratic-party

Tulsi Gabbard can go jump in a lake as far as I’m concerned. She only changed her positions to match the political weathervane.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 11:17:01 PM »

As a member of the Hawaii House of Representatives, Tulsi Gabbard had this to say about a civil unions bill:

This bill is very disrespectful to the people of Hawaii who have already made their opinion very clear on this matter. As Democrats we should be supporting the will of the people and not a small number of homosexual extremists.

Citation: https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/05/tulsi-gabbard-president-sanders-democratic-party

Tulsi Gabbard can go jump in a lake as far as I’m concerned. She only changed her positions to match the political weathervane.
“No. Barack Obama nor I support redefining from a civil side what constitutes marriage. We do not support that.” -Joe Biden in 2008

Holding Tulsi Gabbard to views expressed in 2004 but not doing so for other politicians is a double standard that needs to stop.

Anyway, go Hanabusa.

Biden and Obama never said that LGBT people and other gay marriage supporters are “homosexual extremists.” That statement is just plain offensive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies