New Hampshire Megathread: Sherman in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:42:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New Hampshire Megathread: Sherman in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Hampshire Megathread: Sherman in  (Read 32228 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« on: June 14, 2020, 05:24:57 PM »

DARRYL W. PERRY IS RUNNING FOR GOVERNOR

STATESMAN
AND
POET
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 08:35:08 PM »

Republicans have united around Dick Hinch, a strong conservative voice who isn't explicitly allied with the Trump wing. Trump acolyte Al Baldasaro flirted with a run of his own, but decided against it in the name of unity.

The current speaker, Steve Shurtleff, has stood down, endorsing outgoing House Majority Leader/teacher's union president Doug Ley (D-Jaffrey). He seems progressive enough. Not explicitly allied with any specific wing (I believe he endorsed Klobuchar), but seems fine.

Others are running. Long-time state representative Marjorie Smith (D-Strafford) has decided to throw her hat in the ring, representing the Michael Bennet wing of the NHDP. Again, not a bad choice.

Renny Cushing (D-Hampton) is a strong Berniecrat who is considering a run as well. He's well-regarded for being the main voice pushing for the successful repeal of the death penalty (which could become relevant again, given the NHGOP has a trifecta and one of their "defectors" in the state senate lost in the primary). He would be my pick if he ran.

What's the Michael Bennet wing of the NHDP?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 11:21:06 PM »

Republicans have united around Dick Hinch, a strong conservative voice who isn't explicitly allied with the Trump wing. Trump acolyte Al Baldasaro flirted with a run of his own, but decided against it in the name of unity.

The current speaker, Steve Shurtleff, has stood down, endorsing outgoing House Majority Leader/teacher's union president Doug Ley (D-Jaffrey). He seems progressive enough. Not explicitly allied with any specific wing (I believe he endorsed Klobuchar), but seems fine.

Others are running. Long-time state representative Marjorie Smith (D-Strafford) has decided to throw her hat in the ring, representing the Michael Bennet wing of the NHDP. Again, not a bad choice.

Renny Cushing (D-Hampton) is a strong Berniecrat who is considering a run as well. He's well-regarded for being the main voice pushing for the successful repeal of the death penalty (which could become relevant again, given the NHGOP has a trifecta and one of their "defectors" in the state senate lost in the primary). He would be my pick if he ran.

What's the Michael Bennet wing of the NHDP?

She endorsed Michael Bennet.

Much like how Paul Hodes was the Marianne Williamson wing of the NHDP.
Ah. I see.

I always thought Bennet would do decently (like 3%) in NH primary. Alas I was very wrong.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 06:35:00 PM »

That's horrifying
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 05:17:01 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-hampshires-former-gop-sen-ayotte-2022-bid-sources

Ayotte exploring Senate run, possibly governor
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 05:23:04 PM »

I don't see her running against Sununu in a primary. My guess is he goes for one office and she goes for the other.

Agreed. The article explains how their anonymous source believes they will sort it out. It's possible Sununu runs for re-election and perhaps runs for President (his father said he should) in 2024.

I strongly dislike both of these folks, but Ayotte is probably a weaker candidate for Senate. The hard right of the party dislikes her and she's never finessed the Trump issue well.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 05:30:33 PM »

I don't see her running against Sununu in a primary. My guess is he goes for one office and she goes for the other.

Agreed. The article explains how their anonymous source believes they will sort it out. It's possible Sununu runs for re-election and perhaps runs for President (his father said he should) in 2024.

That would be idiotic as he wouldn't go anywhere.
Since when did that stop anybody
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies