Hedge fund tries to short Gamestop, now gets short squeezed by R/wallstreetbets (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 04:36:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Hedge fund tries to short Gamestop, now gets short squeezed by R/wallstreetbets (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Did you buy gamestop stock recently?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Hedge fund tries to short Gamestop, now gets short squeezed by R/wallstreetbets  (Read 10421 times)
Yoda
United States

« on: January 27, 2021, 08:35:46 PM »

I almost wish GameStop wasn't doing well though. It is a notoriously Bad Company to work for, and would love to see it fall prey to smaller chains.

It won't. It's falling prey to online distribution.

I don't understand how they still exist. I probably haven't bought a physical game in 6 years? And if I did, or when I did, I either got it from Costco or Best Buy. I download everything directly from the xbox store now.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 04:55:32 AM »

So Dave Portnoy of Barstool Sports sent his troll army after Steve Cohen and harassed his family 😡

Uggghhh. r/awfuleverything
Yoda
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 05:01:32 AM »

What we may see is a few of the Redditors get punished, and while they may have broken the law, it's obscene that Wall Street faced no punishment for what happened in 2008, or their rampant criminality in general.

Thankfully we have Sherrod as Banking Chair now, who will actually try to hold them accountable for their culture of deception.

What I can't get over is that people are even talking about the SEC possibly going after some redditors while we had at least 3 senators who traded on insider knowledge a year ago from now and none of them are likely to be prosecuted.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies