Bill De Blasio tweets subtle anti-semitic message (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:12:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bill De Blasio tweets subtle anti-semitic message (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bill De Blasio tweets subtle anti-semitic message  (Read 5997 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: October 21, 2020, 12:33:36 PM »
« edited: October 21, 2020, 12:38:24 PM by Torie »

"My message to [certain segments of] the Jewish community, and all communities, is this simple: the time for warnings has passed. I have instructed the NYPD to proceed immediately to summons or even arrest those who gather in large groups. This is about stopping this disease and saving lives. Period.

Would the above insertion of words make everyone happy?  When I looked at the hot spot map, as far as I could tell, each and every one of the hoods had a substantial percentage of orthodox Jews living in it. So it appears that the singling out is data based.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 12:47:03 PM »

"My message to [certain segments of] the Jewish community, and all communities, is this simple: the time for warnings has passed. I have instructed the NYPD to proceed immediately to summons or even arrest those who gather in large groups. This is about stopping this disease and saving lives. Period.

Would the above insertion of words make everyone happy?  When I looked at the hot spot map, as far as I could tell, each and every one of the hoods had a substantial percentage of orthodox Jews living in it. So it appears that the singling out is data based.

It would certainly have made it less egregious, given that his initial wording lumped mainstream conservative/reform/Modern orthodox Jews in the Upper West Side in with Hasidim, but the bigger problem is that he approved that funeral, used it to spread rage against the Jewish community, and then followed that up with months of targeted extralegal harassment.

I take it then that you were not part of this particular gathering:

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies