You want your money back?? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:18:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  You want your money back?? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: You want your money back??  (Read 1388 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: November 25, 2012, 03:48:58 PM »

we'll see how long the continent can tolerate the monetary hit without us.

Right, because your (yeah, Cameron's, but still) insane austerity policies have been helping the EU economy a lot lately...

well, i can agree on his policies being insane, but the uk still pays in an absolute fortune. i fail to see how left wingers can defend the european union though, given its anti-democratic nature and the corporatism involved. they ruled against workers rights in the laval and viking cases because workers rights violates 'free movement of labour' due to all countries having to comply (though admittedly, britain's ridiculous union laws don't help)

There is a difference between supporting the idea of EU and supporting the EU as it is.

i acknowledge that. the problem as i see it is that the european union is too inflexible to reform without drastic measures.

It might be... But my philosophy has never been "when something doesn't work well enough, let's break it", but rather "let's fix it to the best we can". If all left-wingers who are dissatisfied with the current State of the EU joined together in demanding a major overhaul of the EU's governance and policies, we'd have a fair chance to succeed.

You're really naive if you think than anything can happen while Queen Merkel (or Germans, really) are still here.

All EU decisions are made for the economical interest of Germany industry. Even in subjects that are surprising, like regulation of chemical products.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 04:57:20 PM »

Right, because your (yeah, Cameron's, but still) insane austerity policies have been helping the EU economy a lot lately...

well, i can agree on his policies being insane, but the uk still pays in an absolute fortune. i fail to see how left wingers can defend the european union though, given its anti-democratic nature and the corporatism involved. they ruled against workers rights in the laval and viking cases because workers rights violates 'free movement of labour' due to all countries having to comply (though admittedly, britain's ridiculous union laws don't help)

There is a difference between supporting the idea of EU and supporting the EU as it is.

i acknowledge that. the problem as i see it is that the european union is too inflexible to reform without drastic measures.

It might be... But my philosophy has never been "when something doesn't work well enough, let's break it", but rather "let's fix it to the best we can". If all left-wingers who are dissatisfied with the current State of the EU joined together in demanding a major overhaul of the EU's governance and policies, we'd have a fair chance to succeed.

You're really naive if you think than anything can happen while Queen Merkel (or Germans, really) are still here.

All EU decisions are made for the economical interest of Germany industry. Even in subjects that are surprising, like regulation of chemical products.

How do you plan to fund anything without our money?

Don't be surprised than there is an anti-German behaviour in Europe, if the Germans continue to be that arrogant.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 10:58:01 PM »

How do you plan to fund anything without our money?

Don't be surprised than there is an anti-German behaviour in Europe, if the Germans continue to be that arrogant.

I don't really see much anti-German "behaviour" except from the countries that want more money. I view the position that we're obligated to support them as arrogant, quite honestly.

We can argue all day on whether it makes sense to spend more money on it. All in all, it might be the least bad option, but you really should get rid of this sense of entitlement.

I'm not talking of Greece or anything.
I'm just saying than if EU doesn't work on cooperation, it will fail in the long term.

It can't continue to be a way than German corporations use to racket other countries.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 07:09:22 AM »

I'm just saying than if EU doesn't work on cooperation, it will fail in the long term.

It can't continue to be a way than German corporations use to racket other countries.

German companies treat the Euro zone as what it is, a common market with a single currency. The solution is not that Germans should be forced to lower their productivity, but that other countries either raise their productivity or find areas where they do better than the Germans. If the German productivity fell enough to make Greece or Spain competitive on the German market, it would not lead to increase imports to Germany from Spain, it would lead to increased imports from China.

No.
German companies are using European regulations to kill any concurrence, or to racket it, like with REACh, in which the German chemical industry forces the other businesses to pay them forture to have to right to transport their products in Europe.

German racket and other unfair methods are unacceptable.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 07:21:47 AM »

German companies treat the Euro zone as what it is, a common market with a single currency. The solution is not that Germans should be forced to lower their productivity, but that other countries either raise their productivity or find areas where they do better than the Germans. If the German productivity fell enough to make Greece or Spain competitive on the German market, it would not lead to increase imports to Germany from Spain, it would lead to increased imports from China.

No.
German companies are using European regulations to kill any concurrence, or to racket it, like with REACh, in which the German chemical industry forces the other businesses to pay them forture to have to right to transport their products in Europe.

German racket and other unfair methods are unacceptable.

I just read a short summary on REACH, and it seems like a relatively sensible regulation. In what way is it not and in what way does any one country profit from it "unfairly"?

The problem with REACh is the "lead registrant" system. For each product in which you import in sufficant quantity in Europe, you must join the forum related to that product. That forum is a place to exchange information, especially on toxicity.

Nothing of that is wrong. The problem is in the details.

The problem is than those forum has an high yearly membership cost (we are in the 5 figures, here), which are paid to the "lead registrant" (usually a German company, given than most European chemical industry is German).

The system itself isn't bad, but, it's used for German protectionnism and/or increase artificially the profits of German corporations.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies