Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:33:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican AG says he'll investigate Indiana doctor who provided care to 10-year-old rape victim  (Read 4881 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 16, 2022, 10:01:59 AM »

I honestly don't know which aspect of this story is the worst:

- A 10 year old girl was raped by a 27 year old man
- Conservatives have abolished the right to abortion, and Ohio immediately banned it
- The 10 year old was therefore forced to be taken across state lines to another state to get an abortion; that state also being hostile to abortion rights
- Conservatives didn't believe this story even happened, with multiple talking heads on Fox calling it a lie
- When shown to be true, conservatives pivot to falsely accusing the abortion doctor of not following protocol (she did, of course), the real purpose of which is to doxx her and hope she gets attacked for doing her job at all
- The entire 'debate' over whether a 10 year old should be forced to give birth is reignited again

And yet somehow Democrats are the ones sprinting to the fringes?  What the actual f—k is happening in this country?

So they defended their “policies” by lying about this situation, not once but twice? If I were the doctor, I would sue Fox News for slander. The doctor already threaten to sue the Indiana AG for malicious prosecution.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 07:40:22 AM »

Abortion is the killing of the innocent human life, regardless of the circumstances.

All innocent life ought to not be killed. If an innocent human life is killed, their ought to be an investigation and prosecution.

In order for an investigation to happen and for a case to be built against the doctor, this girl’s gynecological records, highly sensitive information that should be kept between her and her doctor, is going to be handed over to law enforcement. There might even be a physical inspection of the girl in order to determine wether an abortion has taken place or not. Take a step back and ask yourself, is this really what you want? First, a 10 year old girl is raped, then goes through the traumatic process of getting an abortion. And now the government is seizing her medical records and sticking a f-ing swab up her to determine wether or not the abortion actually happened? This is beyond sickening. You are sickening. The government has no business  here. End of story.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. If this is truly perseveration over protecting innocent people from being killed, I guess there are no consequences that are too great. I wonder what these people are willing to give up themselves or take from others just to “be right”. 
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 11:29:14 AM »

Because it wouldn’t be effective. The women would call the police, I’d get put in prison for assault/kidnapping (losing the ability to vote for pro-life politicians), and then the women would get the abortion anyway, and moderates on the fence would look at me and say, “pro lifers are wackos. I’m against them.”

So the only reason you wouldn’t kidnap a woman trying to get an abortion is because you think you’d probably get caught?

I can't imagine anyone being comfortable with making children (even as young as ten!) giving birth to children.  How sick can you be to live with yourself and yet hold that view?

How sick can you be to want to snuff the life of an unborn child out?  That's a fair question.  My unborn grandchild felt pain when aborted, more pain than you would accept if it were a convicted murderer dying by lethal injection.  (Yes, I can fight melodrama with melodrama.)

Do you think your daughter/daughter-in-law is a murderer? Do you think they’re going to Hell for murdering their own child? If they gave birth and smothered their newborn, would you feel differently?

The only thing people go to Hell for is rejecting the Salvation of Jesus Christ.  They choose not to believe and not to accept the only propitiation for their Sin, which is the Redemptive Work of Jesus Christ on the Cross.

I do not believe that people who have abortions (or, for that matter, abortion doctors) have murderous intent when they do what they do.  But God does consider it the taking of Innocent Human Life.  My prayer for all those that have had abortions is that they realize that God loves them and wants them to come to Christ.  My prayer for God's Church is that we be ready to minister to all that would come to him.

That's a dodge. Answer the question.

That's not a Dodge.  That's a bottom line.  If it's not good enough for you, too bad.

When someone asks a yes or no question, refusing to directly answer yes or no is a dodge.

His answer seemed pretty clear to me.  He wrote:

"The only thing people go to Hell for is rejecting the Salvation of Jesus Christ."

Therefore, even though he does think that abortion is murder, he doesn't think murder on its own makes someone go to Hell.

He also wrote:

"I do not believe that people who have abortions (or, for that matter, abortion doctors) have murderous intent when they do what they do."

So in terms of moral judgment, he doesn't think that the people having abortions know what they're doing is wrong, and so he's not going to think of them the same way he does someone who knows that they're doing something wrong.  But even if they did, it sounds like he doesn't think that would be enough to merit going to Hell.

Does not believing that abortion is murder imply you don’t believe in Jesus, though?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies