BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:03:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey  (Read 41284 times)
JJC

« on: May 09, 2017, 06:14:15 PM »

Quick question for Trump supporters. Do you guys support having a special prosecutor lead the investigation?

I mean if Trump is clean then what does he have to hide?

Yes. Dems can go ahead and keep 'investigating' this politically created accusation til the end of time. I don't care.

I'm not a stupid person. I know BS when I see it. If dems want to waste their time steeped in their own hatred, pushing their concocted hit narrative instead of trying to actually rebuild their broken party, then so be it. You people are willing tools and that's just sad. Your hatred is so great that you are blinded from the simple truth.

And that's that the American people so thoroughly rejected your party ideas (segregation/identity politics) that the dems are now at their lowest elective force in a century. I know it may not seem that way to you, given the kind of media you consume. But it's the truth. The dems are a broken party who are now exclusively driven by the idea that their political opposition is nefarious and evil.

But you just keep searching for the 'evidence' that you haven't found yet. Just know that the people who are pushing this narrative don't love you like you love them. You are just their willing tool.

In short, you guys are 'bubble-lized'. You have no understanding of the world outside of the media talking heads. You're brainwashed.
JJC

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 06:19:56 PM »

Quick question for Trump supporters. Do you guys support having a special prosecutor lead the investigation?

Yes. Dems can go ahead and keep 'investigating' this politically created accusation til the end of time. I don't care.

I'm not a stupid person. I know BS when I see it. If dems want to waste their time steeped in their own hatred, pushing their concocted hit narrative instead of trying to actually rebuild their broken party, then so be it. You people are willing tools and that's just sad. Your hatred is so great that you are blinded from the simple truth.

And that's that the American people so thoroughly rejected your party ideas (segregation/identity politics) that the dems are now at their lowest elective force in a century. I know it may not seem that way to you, given the kind of media you consume. But it's the truth. The dems are a broken party who are now exclusively driven by the idea that their political opposition is nefarious and evil.

But you just keep searching for the 'evidence' that you haven't found yet. Just know that the people who are pushing this narrative don't love you like you love them. You are just their willing tool.

In short, you guys are 'bubble-lized'. You have no understanding of the world outside of the media talking heads. You're brainwashed.

Engage me. Why do you think the Russian allegations are false?

Because there is no evidence of it.

JJC

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 06:22:48 PM »

So.....all the bitching in earlier months that comey needs to be fired is out the window because the guy you hate ended up doing it?

Pure hypocrisy.

So hey, do you believe anything about Trump and Russia? Or are you cool with everything in that department?

I'm guessing you actually don't mind that the investigation might be hurt because you don't want the truth eh?

Despite all the witch hunt hysteria that's been going on for months now over this Trump/Russia conspiracy theory one has been able to produce actual evidence that withstands scrutiny to back up the claims that Trump campaign was linked to Russian hacking of the election or that the Russians even hacked the election in the first place.
JJC

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 06:26:06 PM »

Engage me. Why do you think the Russian allegations are false?

Because there is no evidence of it.

THATS WHY YOU HAVE INVESTIGATIONS

THAT'S WHY I SAID I'M OKAY WITH INVESTIGATIONS.

Also, they've been investigating for 6 months. This is a witch hunt. Everyone knows it.

Listen to Fienstien. She's old enough to remember a time when dems weren't taken over by SJWs. This Russian nonsense is only hurting you guys.
JJC

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 06:27:55 PM »

So.....all the bitching in earlier months that comey needs to be fired is out the window because the guy you hate ended up doing it?

Pure hypocrisy.

So hey, do you believe anything about Trump and Russia? Or are you cool with everything in that department?

I'm guessing you actually don't mind that the investigation might be hurt because you don't want the truth eh?

Despite all the witch hunt hysteria that's been going on for months now over this Trump/Russia conspiracy theory one has been able to produce actual evidence that withstands scrutiny to back up the claims that Trump campaign was linked to Russian hacking of the election or that the Russians even hacked the election in the first place.

Okay got you down for “No Russian allegations are credible,” so moving on.

No allegation is credible unless it is backed up by evidence.

Is it okay for someone to accuse you, TD, of being a child molester with no proof?
JJC

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 06:31:38 PM »

Oh God, EP is here. As Todd Akin would say, time to shut this whole thing down.

The point was always to demonstrate that the Right either believes the intelligence community (the deep state) and the concerns of our allies were to be dismissed as merely as part of a vast liberal conspiracy against the President or to acknowledge the firing was under extremely questionable circumstances.

EP and JJC subscribe to the belief that the deep state is against Donald Trump and that there is a vast liberal conspiracy so I'm not engaging them because their answers are clear and there's not much to go on.  Sanchez and Marty haven't answered and they think that there is a conflict of interest.

lol.

You just asked for me to engage you. Now that I have (with very simple 'there's no evidence of these accusation' logic), you're floundering.
JJC

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2017, 06:35:51 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2017, 06:37:42 PM by JJC »

Pure hypocrisy.

Is it okay for someone to accuse you, TD, of being a child molester with no proof?

Let's go with your example.

Of course not. Of course if multiple people are saying I am a child molester and they don't have connections to each other perhaps we should investigate me. There's no harm in doing so; if I'm innocent, I'll be cleared. If I'm guilty then its worth the investigating, right?

How long should they keep investigating you for? 6 months? Two years? Four? Eight?

What if after eight years they still haven't found proof that you are a child molester, but hey, we gotta keep investigating!

What if your name was dragged through the mud every single day, with headlines like 'TD under investigation for child molestation charges'.

Every single day.

The feds just haven't found the evidence yet. They just need to keep investigating more!

As I said, this is all political BS and everyone knows it. But because liberals are 'bubble-lized, they think this nonsense actually helps them.

I predict big losses in 2018 for dems.
JJC

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 06:50:22 PM »

How long should they keep investigating you for? 6 months? Two years? Four? Eight?

What if after eight years they still haven't found proff that you are a child molester, but hey, we gotta keep investigating!

What if your name was dragged through the mud every single day, with headlines like 'TD under investigation for child molestation charges'.

Every single day.

The feds just haven't found the evidence yet. They just need to keep investigating more!

As I said, this is all political BS and everyone knows it. But because liberals are 'bubble-lized, they think this nonsense actually helps them.

I predict big losses in 2018 for dems.

You guys investigated the Clinton's for 30 years and you still talk about the 'Clinton body count.' 'her emails,' 'Vince Foster'

Just ignore JJC...he's a hack

Who's 'you guys'.

The Feds? I don't think so.

But for fun, imagine if Trump did the things Bill Clinton did while in office.

Do you think the media would treat him the same?😂

Regardless, Comey was an incompetent creature of politics who tried to please everyone instead of just doing his job.

For one, he should have prosecuted Clinton when he publicly stated the she clearly broke a bunch of federal laws (with evidence!). Instead, he let her off the hook claiming there was no intent (like WTF?How do you set up a private server and then delete all of the data one day after it was subpoenaed without intent?). But even if it was true, negligence is no excuse. Aren't we all taught that in civics class? Apparently the Clinton's get a bypass because of her political position. Yay. Then he bungled the Huma investigation (which, again, evidence showed that Huma transmitted classified emails to Wieners phone.) Why isn't Huma being charged? And why am I not surprised?

Comey needed to go. I'm fairly confident that Trump wanted to fire him from week one, yet held back precisely because of the optics of it. And if linton had one, probably would have wished to the same, yet would have held back as well, for precisely the same reason.

But now its been 6 months. There's nothing there to the Russian nonsense as been proven by continual witchhunt and demagoguery. Comey's time has come.

JJC

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 06:57:20 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2017, 07:00:25 PM by JJC »

Pure hypocrisy.

Let's go with your example.

Of course not. Of course if multiple people are saying I am a child molester and they don't have connections to each other perhaps we should investigate me. There's no harm in doing so; if I'm innocent, I'll be cleared. If I'm guilty then its worth the investigating, right?

What if after eight years they still haven't found proff that you are a child molester, but hey, we gotta keep investigating!

Every single day.

Well let's explore the example more. Let's say the suspicions were that I ran a huge child prostitution ring in fact. Let's say the investigation began about a year ago, less than that, and started because of happenstance and that a serious investigation only started happening a couple of months ago. Let's say that several of my associates have raised questions about me.

Shouldn't a massive investigation require time - including more than just several months? And shouldn't it be fully funded and fully staffed to either  clear my name or prosecute me?

And why would you be suspected of child trafficking? Just because Bob from Florida called the FBI and said so?

There has to be some kind of evidence - even circumstantial - to support a continued, aggressive investigation. Otherwise anyone could make up accusation against people they don't like and ruin their lives forever.

Didn't you ever read about the Salem witch trials?

And stop trying to act non-partisan. You are a partisan leftist on a fools witch hunt. You believe this Russian nonsense because you want it to be true.

And it's just going to lead your party into further dysfunction.
JJC

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 07:01:29 PM »

No Trump supporter can answer the question: how do we have faith in Donald Trump's ability to appoint a FBI director when there are active FBI investigations into Trump's campaign with Russia? How do we have any faith that this wasn't motivated, in part, by the Russian investigation Comey led?

I keep asking that question because I believe that the Trump supporters can't answer it.

By the way I thought Comey did fine and I thought Clinton was pretty unethical so dont throw that bull at me.

There aren't "active FBI investigations" into "Trump's campaign with Russia." Comey himself said time and time again that there was no evidence of collusion with Russia by anyone in the Trump campaign.

I'll give YOU the cookie if you can figure out the basic mistake that you are making with your assertion, just as I promised your fellow forum denizen.

Here's the link.  I was rather specific with my statement.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/us/politics/fbi-investigation-trump-russia-comey.amp.html

Money quote:

Mr. Comey said the F.B.I. was “investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

And they found nothing, as Comey said under oath to congress.
JJC

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 07:06:13 PM »

Well let's explore the example more. Let's say the suspicions were that I ran a huge child prostitution ring in fact. Let's say the investigation began about a year ago, less than that, and started because of happenstance and that a serious investigation only started happening a couple of months ago. Let's say that several of my associates have raised questions about me.

Shouldn't a massive investigation require time - including more than just several months? And shouldn't it be fully funded and fully staffed to either  clear my name or prosecute me?
If a fully funded investigation has been going on for months and has still found absolutely no evidence to back up these claims then maybe questions should be asked about whether such an investigation is justified.

As for 'clearing names' its not the job of an FBI or police investigation to 'clear' anybody's name. If they don't find evidence that can be given to a prosecutor and they stop investigating the that's it. 'Clearing' people is something done by courts, not by police or FBI.

As for your suggestion that this whole thing started by 'happenstance' that's highly doubtful. Much more likely that this has been a witch hunt from the very start.

You're are an amazing voice of reason. It's refreshing.

This site used to actually be a reasonable place for people to discuss politics and election strategies without the annoying 'bumper sticker' politics.

Now it's just bumper sticker politics.
JJC

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 07:15:05 PM »

It's good to know democrats love James Comey now, pathetic hacks

I don't think people are defending Comey. They're questioning the timing.

Better late than never, but why right after Comey gave that testimony?

Probably because Comey once again very clearly stated they've come across no evidence - even circumstantial - after six month of investigation.

Trump (and Clinton had she won) probably wanted to fire the guy on day one. But it would look like bad optics.

Comey was incompetent and too steeped in politics (even if it was not his intent). He had to go.

Clinton would have done the same thing, probably around the same time too.
JJC

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 07:20:48 PM »

Now imagine we have a President Clinton. Boy oh boy, the Trump Brigade would be pissed!

Many probably would. Comey still should have been fired though.

Although, unlike Trump, there was actual undeniable proof that Clinton broke multiple feral laws. But she was was not prosecuted because Comey didn't want to sack a presidential nominee.

Which is ironic. Because had he done his job, Biden would have stepped in and probably crushed Trump.
JJC

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2017, 07:31:10 PM »

anyone who honestly thinks that if any evidence existed of a direct collusion between Trump and Russia that it would not have been leaked to CNN months ago is naive
JJC

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2017, 07:32:46 PM »

If a fully funded investigation has been going on for months and has still found absolutely no evidence to back up these claims then maybe questions should be asked about whether such an investigation is justified.

As for 'clearing names' its not the job of an FBI or police investigation to 'clear' anybody's name. If they don't find evidence that can be given to a prosecutor and they stop investigating the that's it. 'Clearing' people is something done by courts, not by police or FBI.

As for your suggestion that this whole thing started by 'happenstance' that's highly doubtful. Much more likely that this has been a witch hunt from the very start.

You're are an amazing voice of reason. It's refreshing.

This site used to actually be a reasonable place for people to discuss politics and election strategies without the annoying 'bumper sticker' politics.

Now it's just bumper sticker politics.

Is that really true? This forum has ALWAYS been on the far-left side of the political spectrum.

Even the so-called "moderates" are rather center-left. The main website has always been a great repository of elections data. The maps and statistics are virtually unmatched by any resource anywhere. Yet for some reason, the forum attracts far more socialists and communists than right-wing conservatives.

The few conservatives here are constantly hounded, and consistently the subject of petitions to be banned. Anyone that doesn't toe the far-left line is ridiculed.

If you look at the self-reported political positions of the forum, and the predictions of said forum, you'd find something squarely in the mainstream.... of DailyKos or Democratic Underground.

Is it uncomfortable up on that cross?

Someone just reported one of my post.

I didn't violate any rules on this site.

They reported it because they didn't like my opinion.
JJC

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 09:03:14 AM »

From another thread.

There are two points here:
1) I don't know anyone, right-wing or left-wing, who has a favorable view of Comey. Lately it has been the Democrats screaming about how terrible he was. Perhaps that's a lesson in being careful what you wish for, but its simply hypocritical for them to suddenly rush to his defense (as it is for them to call for a special prosecutor on Russia). You can't have law enforcement authorities who are trusted by nobody. The FBI under Comey simply became too intensely political (not entirely, but in many ways, his fault).

2) This Russia story has now dragged on for months. Months since the election and, as Comey revealed to us, months before that. What have they uncovered so far? Zip...unless you count the bureaucratic anomoly that is Flynn briefing the government on his plans to go to Russia, and what he did in Russia, but not actually receiving clearance to be paid for doing what he did in Russia. We have no evidence of conspiracy, no evidence of collusion...really no evidence of anything at all. Comey said so, Barbara Boxer said so, even inteligence officials from the Obama administration said so. Exactly how long is America supposed to twiddle its thumbs while this circus continues in the intelligence committee, before we say "nope, there's no there there"?
-----------------------

My take; The Trump administration wanted to can Comey from day one, but held off because of the ongoing Russian-hysteria circus. They probably didn't like the optics of firing Comey amidst the early days of this witchhunt. But now?

We've wasted countless resources 'investigating' this democratic concocted witch-hunt for 6 months. We've had countless democratic media machines print 'Muh Russians' on page one, with tiny 'no evidence to confirm' post scripts at the end of each article. And as of just 2 days ago, Comey and Clapper have both - before congress - testified that NO EVIDENCE of collusion of any kind took place.

There's no 'there' there. It's a democratic created narrative to fool the low info voter.

Of course, the dems will still go ape-sh*t, and break their ankles twisting so hard from 'fire comey' to 'trump's a dictator'. But now they'll do so after months of investigations with no evidence to even justify continuing to investigate.

Case and point; Colbert on his show announced that Comey got canned... and his crowd cheered. But he was quick to point out that their proper reaction should be OUTRAGE!, so the crowd started to boo. 😂😂

This kind of nonsense happens when politics becomes your religion. Got to be told by the preachers what to think.
JJC

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 10:46:22 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies