Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.*** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:06:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.*** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.***  (Read 107020 times)
jdk
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -0.68, S: -5.39

« on: January 23, 2021, 08:19:37 PM »

Who will have the most trouble getting confirmed? Tanden?
Tanden (and maybe also Raimondo) is probably going to have the most trouble.

I could see it being the case where Republicans are unilaterally opposed to Tanden and Manchin/Sinema/Tester potentially also being opposed to her. It might end up being a 50/50 split with Kamala needing to tiebreak. Kamala obviously wouldn't vote against Tanden's nomination.

I kinda want Bernie to sink her nomination as a revenge, but he's too nice and has far too much class to do that.

You mean like when he worked hard to get Debbie Wasserman Schulz primaried because wouldn't let his team steal Hillary's files from the DNC database (not to mention pressuring her removal as DNC chair)?

Or when he sabotaged Hillary's campaign in 2016 by refusing to concede for four months, ultimately holding the party hostage for his concession and endorsement (which included having DWS step down as DNC), and then doing virtually nothing to help her defeat Trump?

Yeah, GTFO with that nonsense.

Also, I don't think Bernie really cares about how Tanden engages with dumbasses on Twitter and how calls them out on their garbage.  I am very looking forward to the hysteric meltdowns from the Bernie Bros when he does vote to confirm her.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies