% Chance Someone other than Trump, Kasich, or Cruz gets GOP Nom.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:42:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  % Chance Someone other than Trump, Kasich, or Cruz gets GOP Nom.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
0%

1-5%

6-10%

10-15%

15-20%

20-25%

26-50%

>50%

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 65

Author Topic: % Chance Someone other than Trump, Kasich, or Cruz gets GOP Nom.  (Read 1327 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 17, 2016, 11:21:20 PM »

lelidk
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 11:27:59 PM »

1%. Almost went 0%, but you never know...
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 11:35:01 PM »

0%
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 01:36:56 AM »

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 01:46:38 AM »

5%, which is startlingly high.

Especially when you consider that Donald Trump's ascendency itself might have had less than a 2% chance before this all began.

I sometimes think about the multiple timeline version theory of reality and wonder if this timeline is one of the very, very few that has Donald Trump becoming the force he has become. It's so crazy. It could have been a 0.00001% chance. But that means there was still a chance. And this is the timeline that was fortunate (?) enough to see it play out. Interesting. I'm tired.
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 01:59:09 AM »

No more than 2% at the very most.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 02:01:57 AM »

I dont know how conventions work.

Out of the 8 Republican contested conventions, 5 have gone to candidates other than the front runner.

That is a 62.5% chance based on historical data.

So Kasich is wise to stay in the race.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 02:02:52 AM »

Especially when you consider that Donald Trump's ascendency itself might have had less than a 2% chance before this all began.

I sometimes think about the multiple timeline version theory of reality and wonder if this timeline is one of the very, very few that has Donald Trump becoming the force he has become. It's so crazy. It could have been a 0.00001% chance. But that means there was still a chance. And this is the timeline that was fortunate (?) enough to see it play out. Interesting. I'm tired.

What If Trump Had Ran As a Democrat?

Trump is so generic that I easily could imagine him bashing "stupid, stupid Southerners", calling for GOP Senators to be charged with treason for the Iran letter, making fun of "turtleface" Mitch McConnell...and of course, calling Jeb Bush "very low-energy".
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 12:17:10 PM »

Trump is so generic that I easily could imagine him bashing "stupid, stupid Southerners", calling for GOP Senators to be charged with treason for the Iran letter, making fun of "turtleface" Mitch McConnell...and of course, calling Jeb Bush "very low-energy".

He wouldn't be able to explain away the birtherism, and as you can see from this primary, Dems aren't exactly fans of billionaires. He probably would've done well in states like WV/OK/KY though, if he actually kept going after being demolished in most places.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 12:18:45 PM »

He wouldn't be able to explain away the birtherism, and as you can see from this primary, Dems aren't exactly fans of billionaires. He probably would've done well in states like WV/OK/KY though, if he actually kept going after being demolished in most places.

The premise is that he not shift rightward in the first place.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies