FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:39:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-SEN: Is Rubio about to bungle it?  (Read 104927 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« on: April 11, 2015, 04:49:11 PM »

Wow, Murphy is really lucking out! This would be huge for the FL Dems of all parties if they manage to pull this off.

With Bondi and Atwater out, is it possible Weatherford might jump in? Rubio himself jumped from Speaker to Senator and as far as I know, Weatherford has made a name for himself in the FL GOP.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 05:52:11 PM »

I may be supporting a progressive primary challenger to Strickland, but yeah Grayson is an embarrassment to progressives everywhere (and he would be blowing a winnable seat for Democrats). Murphy has my support in a hypothetical primary.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 06:27:23 PM »

I may be supporting a progressive primary challenger to Strickland, but yeah Grayson is an embarrassment to progressives everywhere (and he would be blowing a winnable seat for Democrats). Murphy has my support in a hypothetical primary.
Not surprising. I mean, you're a *moderate laborite*.
Are you okay? You seem to be pissed off at me or something as of late. Tongue

Murphy does have the best shot at winning and (for the most part) has good views. I wouldn't be shocked if most if not all Democrats on here back him over Grayson.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 10:06:59 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2016, 11:53:02 PM by LeBron FitzGerald »

I really want to hope Grayson is Palin-level attention whoring here. I would be more than happy with him losing his House seat if he runs, but it's not worth the risk if the FDP is really stupid enough to back Grayson over Murphy in the primary.

LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 07:52:24 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Amen! Amen. The DSCC should learn from the Debbie Wasserman Schultz. We want a primary, not a coronation.

I also assumed that you wanted to win. I guess not.
Nothing wrong with a primary, it's good preparation for the GE. As long as Murphy wins the primary, I don't  really care about Grayson being in the race.
That's the problem though. The FDP (apparently) is backing Grayson which opens the possibility he sinks Murphy in cash (or worse) he pulls an upset on him in the primary. Everything is being setting in place for Murphy to pickup this seat for Democrats next year in Florida. It would be stupid to blow it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies