Trump +2 in CNN/ORC National Poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:31:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Trump +2 in CNN/ORC National Poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump +2 in CNN/ORC National Poll  (Read 5866 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: September 06, 2016, 12:27:01 PM »

What a surprise. Who'd have thought taking August off to wine and dine your big donors could have a negative effect on poll numbers.

Or maybe it has something to do with the neverending trickle of FBI-related stuff combined with Trump not putting his foot in his mouth as bigly as he usually does, which usually takes the attention away from Clinton. She has still been advertising, and her not being on the trail as much isn't going to represent such a drop.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 02:28:27 PM »

No offence, but it is sad, if it is enough to revert the race from Clinton +10 to tie...
Actually, I'd panic if it was enough and I was you...

She've outperformed him 15 to 1 in ads so far...
Just saying Smiley

What, her numbers from earlier in August? I thought there was a consensus that convention bumps don't last. What's more, this was when Trump was practically imploding at warp speed. Her bump was always going to even out, and the only thing I am surprised of is that Trump can do and say the things he does and not suffer more long-term damage from it.

On the other hand, Clinton is damaged goods and this slow trickle of bs about emails and the foundation is really hanging like a cloud over her. It just reinforces my view that Democrats made a mistake backing her run. Keeping young people in the coalition is vital to Democratic interests, and they went and backed a person absolutely reviled by Millennials.

Anyway, here's how I see it: When Trump starts leading for 2+ weeks with decent leads, then I will go crazy. Clinton has been leading in the vast majority of polls, many times by good, comfortable leads or even near/above double digits, so the fact that Trump gets a small lead in a few polls here and there is hardly something for Trump supporters to gloat about, or Clinton supporters to worry about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies