AK-SEN 2022: A Rank Choice (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:50:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AK-SEN 2022: A Rank Choice (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AK-SEN 2022: A Rank Choice  (Read 19328 times)
Lognog
United States

« on: July 10, 2021, 09:14:41 PM »

Yeah, Murkowski has no chance. She might as well just retire.

Not with RCV
Lognog
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 10:37:19 AM »

I really doubt that Murkowski caucuses with the Democrats, but she could easily become an indy and run to caucus with the Republican's.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 09:08:35 PM »

I really doubt that Murkowski caucuses with the Democrats, but she could easily become an indy and run to caucus with the Republican's.

Probably. She's not a Democrat at heart, but she would be accepted into the party. I'm not sure being an Independent Republican can save her. Her numbers are horrific amongst Republicans. Her best bet is probably to go Indy and promise to be an Alaska Independent or something like that. That could mean caucusing with the Democrats for the current Congress. There is no path for her to win through Republican voters. She needs independents and Democrats.

She'll need some moderate republicans ( and center right/ right Indies) to win in 2022. I dont think saying I'm going to caucus with Schumer in an R year is the best way to do that. I think she should just go true Alaska indy as you say
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies