Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:22:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)  (Read 45190 times)
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 15, 2016, 07:08:08 PM »

NBC News Toplines:

NC Clinton 54% - Sanders 42%
FL Clinton 64% - Sanders 36%

Jesus, Florida is a BLOODBATH!!!
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 07:16:24 PM »

Hillary ahead early in Missouri as well 65% to 30%.  This is a slaughter.

Clinton will always be way ahead in early voting
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 07:17:53 PM »

Thank you for your diligent calculations/postings of exits/toplines, Mr. Morden!  What are the most-up-to-date TLs in all five states?
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 08:24:19 PM »

1) Hilldog is really a way, way worse option than Bernie

2) At the same time, if Bernie supporters seriously think the correct response is to vote for Trump or not vote, they are ing fools.  Clinton is competent, intelligent, way more liberal than the Repubs, and will take care of Supreme Court business.

3) In general people need to be less childish/impatient and recognize that actual change happens with consistent dialogue, protest, and voting in ALL elections, whether midterm, primary, general, local, federal over many, many years, not just freaking out over one dude in one primary.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 08:48:37 PM »

1) Hilldog is really a way, way worse option than Bernie

2) At the same time, if Bernie supporters seriously think the correct response is to vote for Trump or not vote, they are ing fools.  Clinton is competent, intelligent, way more liberal than the Repubs, and will take care of Supreme Court business.

3) In general people need to be less childish/impatient and recognize that actual change happens with consistent dialogue, protest, and voting in ALL elections, whether midterm, primary, general, local, federal over many, many years, not just freaking out over one dude in one primary.

I agree with you so much on #3. If Bernie people directed even a fraction of their effort for Bernie that they did on Congress, they could make some major positive change. But it's hard for a lot of people to understand there's more to government than a president. I blame our education system.

Strongly, strongly agree with your point on the importance of better civic education and its inverse link with our lackluster, anemic democracy.  As a educator/researcher/writer, improving civic education is basically the cause of my life.

Thanks for your often very intelligent, often very fair posts, and thanks for voting!  

Assuming I move to state that's not R+12 this fall, I will avoid the urge to indulge myself by voting for Stein and will diligently vote for your candidate and encourage my friends to also do so.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies