Evolution is "Just a theory" : Mike Pence to Congress in 2002. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:08:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Evolution is "Just a theory" : Mike Pence to Congress in 2002. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Evolution is "Just a theory" : Mike Pence to Congress in 2002.  (Read 4099 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: October 06, 2016, 09:18:31 PM »

For the record, the reason why we don't want creationists in charge of anything is that evolution is a pretty basic element of science, and science is something you need to have a basic understanding of if you're going to be in charge of a country.

I don't care what Mike Pence believes as long as he's not in a position of power.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 04:09:14 PM »

There is actually something I agree with Pence more than I agree with Democratic ticket!
You don't see that everyday.
This won't last. Trump will say something about *insert minority group here*.

You're a creationist!?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 04:18:01 PM »

There is actually something I agree with Pence more than I agree with Democratic ticket!

You're a creationist!?

Yes, he's a Muslim.

Just as not all Christians are anti-science creationists, neither are all Muslims. It's not a given.

I know you weren't suggesting that, but I wanted to show that I can be reasonable sometimes. Wink

Creation is not anti-science. Theistic Evolution proves that.

Usually when people talk about creationism, they're talking about belief in the creation stories as told in the Bible, the Quran, or other books. Theistic evolution is generally not considered creationism.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 04:25:57 PM »

You're a creationist!?

Yes, he's a Muslim.

Just as not all Christians are anti-science creationists, neither are all Muslims. It's not a given.

I know you weren't suggesting that, but I wanted to show that I can be reasonable sometimes. Wink

Creation is not anti-science. Theistic Evolution proves that.

Science, by definition, cannot have anything to say about a deity. Anything that requires or suggests a theistic (a supernatural) explanation for anything is non-scientific, by definition.

Science doesn't say anything about deities, so you can believe in a deity and still not be anti-science. Non-scientific=/=anti-science.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies