The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 07:11:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 205678 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: December 09, 2015, 11:23:13 PM »

Never. Just because a bunch of racist limousine liberal families in a wealthy CT suburb suffered a tragedy doesn't mean that the rest of the country should lose their right to self defense.

Half of the country would put that in the Good Post Gallery.   Divisive issue.

Same with a pretty huge chunk of posts here.  The secular progressives here on Atlas thankfully do not represent the viewpoints of the majority of Americans.  If they did, that would be genuinely terrible.

Is anyone who's not an evangelical "secular" to you?  Because sorry, but that's ridiculous.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #876 on: December 11, 2015, 05:20:26 AM »

I am disgusted with people 'proud to be white'. 'Whiteness' is simply the winning of some genetic lottery and no legitimate achievement. People with legitimate achievements do not need ethnic identity as a cause of pride.
To me it's about the individual.  I don't feel like white people won a genetic lottery.  There are plenty of worthless white people.  And there are plenty of great blacks like Herman Cain, Clarence Thomas, Dr. Ben Carson, etc.  Those guys worked hard and succeeded in life and are brilliant.
I am not proud to be white per se, but I do not think it is necessarily a bad thing for white people to tend to gravitate to other whites.  And if blacks prefer other blacks, no problem.  Liberals seem to be more obsessed with race, and being politically correct.  If a black marries a white, that's wonderful.  But forced integration sucks.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #877 on: December 12, 2015, 09:31:16 AM »

utterly retarded, given that soviet foreign policy for the entirety of the postwar period aimed at 'peaceful coexistence' with the imperialist powers and it had zero plans of executing a first strike against the us, etc.

Lol commies
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #878 on: December 14, 2015, 02:30:38 PM »

Let's just hope those corn-addled evangelical retards in Iowa get with the rest of the nation and support TRUMP!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #879 on: December 17, 2015, 09:10:29 PM »

"Some people abuse the welfare system."
Dog whistle!

"Opposing Medicaid expansion could cost lives."
Dog whistle!

Also, use the term "_________[Republican/Democrat/extremist] talking point" to the same extent. It works really well in winning group-think arguments.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #880 on: December 18, 2015, 12:47:50 AM »

Yes. Being originally from Texas I can't help but love the family. Do I think he was a particularly good president? No. Do I think he truly wanted to do what was best and respected the office as he held it with class? Absolutely. Do I believe he was a better president that Pres. Obama? YES

Before anyone asks I am not pro-Patriot Act or NSA, nor do I in any way shape or form support Jeb Bush in 2016...

How is he better than Obama?
He had class. He had strength. He united the nation. Every year under Bush, the President of the United States was ranked the most powerful man in the world by various news sources. Since President Obama took office, the office dropped to number three. We aren't respected, the recovery was the slowest in history, foreign nations don't respect us, ISIS is rampant (at the fail of Pres. Bush for going in, but Pres. Obama for funding rebels and destabilizing the reason with a swift, ill advised withdraw), and Obamacare is hurting families, mine included in particular. He refuses to call Islamic extremism by its name and says Christians are intolerant and need to change our religion. He made no similar claims to Islam or Judaism.  He's a poor leader, and it shows daily. I want someone like Bush, who brought us together as a nation and a firm figurehead and truly wanted to do what was best for our nation. That's my rant.

American Exceptionalism and neocon bs rears its ugly head.

Oh and other moronic right-wing talking points.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #881 on: December 21, 2015, 11:19:41 AM »

No. But I imagine most dems will say yes due to the influence of BLM.
Since when is BLM an African-American supremacist movement?

Always has been, Always will be.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #882 on: December 21, 2015, 04:23:31 PM »

there's nothing wrong w/ Wulfric's comment there, imo.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #883 on: December 21, 2015, 04:44:28 PM »

there's nothing wrong w/ Wulfric's comment there, imo.

Well then, thanks for cutting out the middle man by posting directly into this thread.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #884 on: December 21, 2015, 09:43:00 PM »

I finally made it in Cheesy
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #885 on: December 24, 2015, 06:00:04 AM »

Yes, in all forms. One's bodily integrity is of fundamental importance. Violating it can cause severe psychological damage.
I suffered through corporal punishment, and I do have psychological damage. It's called respect for others.

domestic violence makes you respectful hmmkay
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #886 on: December 24, 2015, 07:05:19 AM »

Yes, in all forms. One's bodily integrity is of fundamental importance. Violating it can cause severe psychological damage.
I suffered through corporal punishment, and I do have psychological damage. It's called respect for others.

domestic violence makes you respectful hmmkay
I believe that post belongs in the Good Post Gallery. Must have gotten lost on the way, David Tongue.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #887 on: December 24, 2015, 01:35:17 PM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #888 on: December 24, 2015, 05:10:14 PM »

Of course. MN will vote to the right of WI in 2016, and probably to the right of MI in 2020. It will eventually be more Republican than IN. It's a rather obvious example of a WV. Peterson will probably become it's Manchin.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #889 on: December 28, 2015, 01:51:05 PM »

I don't think Trump pays much attention to consistently wrong hacks like Larry Sabato, Torie. The idea that he has a ceiling of 25-30% is ridiculous and not supported by any polling at all.

That is precisely Sabato's point actually. The polls are polling phantom Trump "voters." All those angry beer bellied white male voters in Bumfuk PA, just down the road from Grumps' place, worried about when the Mexicans will discover their zip code, really can't make time in their busy deer hunting and beer guzzling schedule to vote. I look forward to my schadenfreude when this particular leg of the twin evils goes down in flames. But, hey, have fun in the meantime!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #890 on: December 28, 2015, 02:42:42 PM »

It's kind of sobering when one of my more creative efforts at word smithing gets into the penalty box. I guess that implies that most of my posts are not good enough to even make it into the penalty box, stuck as they are in the innermost ring of Dantean hell.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #891 on: December 29, 2015, 08:05:35 PM »

It's kind of sobering when one of my more creative efforts at word smithing gets into the penalty box. I guess that implies that most of my posts are not good enough to even make it into the penalty box, stuck as they are in the innermost ring of Dantean hell.
Well, I'll give you credit for creativity Tongue.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #892 on: January 03, 2016, 09:03:31 PM »

Agreed. The feds shot an unarmed woman in the head and a 14 year old boy in the back ... over a tax issue and illegal entrapment.

Disgusting.

The only persons to blame over that tragedy is the woman and the parents of the boy for joining such a blood-lusty cult. They are the responsible ones.

I thought conservatives were for personal responsability. Only for non-whites, it seems.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #893 on: January 03, 2016, 10:10:32 PM »

Liberate a country from the people who were living there?
No.

And since I have basic self-respect as a Jew, I'm not willing to engage in discussions with you on my people's indigenous rights to the Land of Israel, and this you know very well already. Besides, this thread is not even about (modern) Zionism in a more general sense, and neither was your initial remark to which I replied.

Are you mizrahi? If not, your people never lived in the area we now call Israel.

Horus, is honestly, one of the worst posters (not counting trolls, socks etc...) on Atlas right now
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #894 on: January 03, 2016, 10:37:29 PM »

"Some people abuse the welfare system."
Dog whistle!

"Opposing Medicaid expansion could cost lives."
Dog whistle!

Also, use the term "_________[Republican/Democrat/extremist] talking point" to the same extent. It works really well in winning group-think arguments.

This is a good thread to find people to Ignore. Person #1
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #895 on: January 03, 2016, 10:41:20 PM »

Haha, I'm not sure DC Al Fine, but he'd win it, for sure, if there was Tongue
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #896 on: January 03, 2016, 10:53:57 PM »

He now claims he was making a "joke" in response to my comments and DavidB's comments, which he claims are defending and calling for genocide despite the fact neither of us even came close to making comments like that hahha.

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #897 on: January 03, 2016, 11:59:00 PM »

Are you fycking drunk? That is literally the only "reason" I can think of for being so overtly racist when it comes to Mizrahim, and it doesn't make it any better anyway. This line of reasoning almost makes me throw up.
The only thing that would make you throw up would be to have some loose change fall out of your pocket.

Another one...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #898 on: January 04, 2016, 12:03:21 AM »

Is IndyTexas drunk?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #899 on: January 04, 2016, 12:04:49 AM »

I hope so.  That's some nasty anti-Semitism there.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies