Washington University POTUS debate at 9pm ET **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:41:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Washington University POTUS debate at 9pm ET **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Washington University POTUS debate at 9pm ET **live commentary thread**  (Read 11115 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 09, 2016, 08:48:38 PM »

Clinton's answers are honestly surprisingly weak and almost hesitant compared to the first debate and giving Trump too much room.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 08:55:37 PM »

This debate is telling me it's time to just give up completely on this country.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 09:06:39 PM »

At a first glance Trump is doing better than last time.

He's not doing better as much as Clinton's doing far worse overall.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 09:18:45 PM »

I'm watching this at a Hillary bar. When Trump contradicted Pence and started arguing with the moderators, the whole place erupted in joy.

LOL wut

I had this image of a Clinton-themed bar when I read that.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 09:26:40 PM »

Im sorry, who the hell thinks Trump is doing better? Hillary is slightly off her game but Trump is just as terrible.

And that's all it'll take.

I'm anti-Trump, but he's KILLING it. Wow. He's pulling off a Reagan 1980.

I watched that debate when it happened, and no he isn't, by a long shot.  He's only looking better this time because he had such a low bar of expectations after his first performance.  

Reagan 1980 was seen as unstable and dangerous, and he came across as calm and presidential. Trump's demeanor is the right mix of calm, deliberate, and aggressive. He is pounding Clinton on policy and her record. Wow.

Just delete your account.

Why? He ain't wrong.

Trump is nowhere close to being Reagan. Reagan was not a deranged, angry psycho on cocaine.

No, he was a deranged, passive-aggressively angry psycho who could throw a good one-liner.

For the American public that's all they want in a leader--reality TV garbage and not substance.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 09:35:25 PM »

Clinton needs to quit plugging her campaign site, it looks really bad doing this.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 09:44:30 PM »

It's so hard to watch a debate where one side is trying to talk about our country and how we can move forward with thoroughly developed policies, and the other invoking the devil and calling for jailing their opponent.

This is basically why I think Clinton lost the debate--she didn't call Trump out on the things he was saying, other than saying it wasn't true and plugging her campaign site. It was quite a pitiful performance after the first one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies