Should Republicans get Labor Day off? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:40:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Should Republicans get Labor Day off? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Should Republicans get Labor Day off?  (Read 1706 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: September 07, 2011, 04:12:22 AM »

The sights of teabaggers getting the day off work yesterday, on a day that ostensibly celebrates the American worker and the American labor movement, to go watch their corporate stooge politician heroes push for policies that will further erode the miserable living conditions of working Americans led me to create this poll.

Obviously we can't know which candidate one votes for in general elections, but perhaps those who have ever donated to a Republican candidate or voted in a Republican primary could be prevented from observing the holiday.

Well, if you could just monitor who votes Republican you could probably send them to labour camp. After a decade there I'm sure they would appreciate Labor Day.

Alternatively we could just execute them all. Problem solved.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 05:05:12 PM »

Of course not. It's not a holiday in the US.

Labor Day is May 1st.

Labor Day is a holiday for Reactionaries in the US.

Also, shut up Gustaf. No one wants to see you get into an argument with Lief over one of his joksey/tongue-in-cheek/devil's advocate posts. It's very obnoxious. Why do you take him so seriously?

You're very testy, aren't you?

I always give people the courtesy of assuming they're serious. If they're saying things they can't actually support when questioned, it's their problem.

Also, shut up [whatever your name is]. No wants to see you get into an argument with Gustaf over one of his joksey/tongue-in-cheek/devil's advocate posts. It's very obnoxious. Why do you take him so seriously?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 07:09:17 AM »

Of course not. It's not a holiday in the US.

Labor Day is May 1st.

Labor Day is a holiday for Reactionaries in the US.

Also, shut up Gustaf. No one wants to see you get into an argument with Lief over one of his joksey/tongue-in-cheek/devil's advocate posts. It's very obnoxious. Why do you take him so seriously?

You're very testy, aren't you?

I always give people the courtesy of assuming they're serious. If they're saying things they can't actually support when questioned, it's their problem.

Also, shut up [whatever your name is]. No wants to see you get into an argument with Gustaf over one of his joksey/tongue-in-cheek/devil's advocate posts. It's very obnoxious. Why do you take him so seriously?

You frequently get into these types of arguments with Lief and opebo and it derails threads and serves no real purpose. I dislike serious threads being derailed because you feel the need to chide a poster you dislike.

Speak for yourself, Gustaf. You're the one always posting angry strawmen in arguments.

Why would you think this is a serious question? Yes, I'm sure Lief is very passionate about using the government to take a day off from Republicans. If he is, that's so ridiculous and mind-numbingly stupid that it's a waste of time confronting him about it.

I take you seriously because all of your posts seem pretty humorless and dry.

Wait, so I'm derailing a serious thread because I made the mistake of taking it seriously when it wasn't serious? That is...confusing.

I don't post angry strawmen. I'm certainly not as angry as you seem to be about this. (In fact, I've no idea who you even are).

I don't think it was serious in the sense that Lief would actually want to implement this policy. I think it is serious in the sense that he views Republicans as evil people he is at war with. This is consistent with his rhetoric about them killing people or his support for autocratic leaders like Chavez. I think that's in poor taste and should be called out. It's sort of how I might criticize someone making a racist joke. It might be the boring thing to do, but I still think it has to be done in some instances.

And I think you just may not get my humour, since many, if not most, of my posts aren't serious.

What is the serious discussion you want to have here that I'm preventing?   
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 07:30:10 AM »
« Edited: September 09, 2011, 02:41:33 AM by Gustaf »

Speak for yourself, Gustaf. You're the one always posting angry strawmen in arguments.

I take offense to the notion that there is only one of these people.

I think he's commending me for being the only one to to limit my angry strawmen to arguments.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies