Arizona megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:00:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arizona megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arizona megathread  (Read 71148 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« on: September 11, 2022, 06:08:11 PM »

The left as a whole is pretty much against any dialogue that would platform "harmful" speech, so it's unfortunately not surprising that Democratic politicians are falling into that trap. It's pathetic, and the voters will likely see it that way.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 08:29:22 PM »

Refusing to debate is pathetic.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 03:05:30 PM »

Tough to say if Kari Lake actually thinks she's going to be able to overturn the election results or if this is a scam publicity stunt. It seems clear to me that she was hoping to be Trump's 2024 VP. Maybe she thinks she can still make that happen if she fights hard enough.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 03:51:04 PM »

Supposedly the final result is Mayes up by a little over 500 before the recount.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 05:40:29 PM »

https://twitter.com/Garrett_Archer/status/1594794887706189852
It's not impossible to overturn a 500-vote deficit in a recount, but it's extremely unlikely.
McSally's recount in 2014 took her from a 161 to a 167 vote lead, apparently - if the AZ election system is still as accurate as it was back then, this should all be over...

Wasn't that a district?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 06:06:11 PM »

Im not sure I understand what this is supposed to mean.

Higher rural turnout does not guarantee better results for the GOP.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2022, 06:58:04 PM »

I wonder whether this is just a grift or blatant attempt to stay relevant, or whether Lake is really that dumb to believe she actually won the election?

I don't know that she believes all this crap, but she clearly thought that she was going to basically be the Sarah Palin that actually made it to the White House. I can't read her mind, obviously, but I think it's generally accepted that she was hoping to go right from being the Governor of her state to being the Republican VP. I'm going to add my speculation that she was expecting Trump to die in office and leave her in the presidency. I believe that, dumb as she is, she had a master plan here and she never once considered the possibility that it wouldn't work. So now she's imploding beneath all the stress and whatever delusion is pushing her to believe that her ambitions are still achievable.

The whole nation really should be breathing a sigh of relief that this woman in particular lost out of all of the crazy Republicans this year.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2022, 02:04:15 PM »

Archer is so annoying. He knew that there was not enough "discrepancy" votes to change the outcome and yet he tried to bait everyone just for Twitter engagement.

He said that there was a large discrepancy that would bring the election closer, which in my opinion never implied that the election result was going to change. I thought it was totally fair, not like a Ralston thing where he gives no information.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2022, 08:13:39 PM »

He can cry all he wants but nobody’s going to be storming the Capitol for him. He’s done.

He should storm the unemployment office.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2022, 04:38:48 PM »

Archer is so annoying. He knew that there was not enough "discrepancy" votes to change the outcome and yet he tried to bait everyone just for Twitter engagement.

He said that there was a large discrepancy that would bring the election closer, which in my opinion never implied that the election result was going to change. I thought it was totally fair, not like a Ralston thing where he gives no information.

Eh, I still feel like it was just ambiguous enough to make sure there was tons of engagement on his post.

The only information he left out was the exact number of votes that it would change, which he probably didn't know.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies