A time traveller tells you DeSantis loses in 2028. What happens in 2022 and beyond? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:50:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  A time traveller tells you DeSantis loses in 2028. What happens in 2022 and beyond? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A time traveller tells you DeSantis loses in 2028. What happens in 2022 and beyond?  (Read 1161 times)
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« on: January 25, 2022, 08:28:01 PM »

**An interesting wrinkle is that DeSantis currently cannot be Trump's VP (or Florida's EVs don't count), so I went with a relatively older small-state governor as the VP, to leave the 2028 field open for DeSantis.  I also think it helps to make 2024 a pretty big R win to inspire overconfidence.

He would probably just move back to New York.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 02:30:09 PM »

2028:

Gooooood, gooood, the Cult of Ruben Gallego is forming as I have foreseen
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 02:58:24 PM »

I think that the 3 consecutive two termers we had recently (Clinton-Bush-Obama) was an aberration. Heck, we almost didn’t get Bush. Hard to say if Biden would be a one-termer. Trump is such a wildcard. He almost seems like he might be the easiest for Biden to beat. DeSantis could probably beat Biden if Trump didn’t run, but that’s me trying to predict something 32 months out.

I'm refraining from making 2024 predictions right now (which really hurts lol) because things are so volatile. Everything could make a complete 180° for Biden as COVID and its economic impact recede with vaccinations increasing globally, but there could also be a new variant that throws everything off. Maybe he gets a major win under his belt with his sabre-rattling, maybe he doesn't. Maybe we go to war somewhere. Maybe his health gives out, maybe Trump's health gives out, maybe both. Maybe one or both run anyway despite bad health and it effects their campaign. Maybe DeSantis primaries Trump, maybe he doesn't, maybe he runs with him. Maybe Trump ultimately doesn't run and backs DeSantis' opponent in the primaries. Maybe someone big primaries Biden or Harris. Maybe the Democrats play the idiot ball and randomly put Harris on the Supreme Court because they're so scared of running her, ironically screwing themselves for 2024 in the process. Hey, maybe there's a terrorist attack out of the blue that becomes the next big thing. We just don't know.

But with all that chaos, yeah, the two-term back-and-forth norm we're accustomed to isn't a guarantee.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies