Election Hangover and Nightmares (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:59:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Election Hangover and Nightmares (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If your candidate loses- what kinds of nightmares will you have?
Seeing your hometown incinerated by a nuclear attack

Being hit on by a gay guy/ getting lynched

Riots/Too much Fun

Seeing your tax bill/ Seeing your insurance bill

Being naked in public

something else

I'm not a pussy!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Election Hangover and Nightmares  (Read 2976 times)
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« on: July 08, 2008, 09:49:57 AM »

you're probably being facetious, but, dude, you're a rich teenager just like me. Why the hell do you care so much? You're basically isolated from just about everything that would happen under an Obama Presidency. I mean, to us, it's nothing more than a sporting match. I was extremely disappointed after the Cubs lost the 2003 NLCS but, after a day or so, life went on.

Wow...it took you ONLY A DAY?!?

I know it's off-topic but when the Sox lost in '03 because of Aaron Fuc-ing Boone, I think I was in a rut for a week which wasn't good becasue I was in Iraq at the time.

Anyhow - back to the topic. I'll just deal with it. People vote, people make decisions.  All I'll say is that whoever wins, those voters have to realize that they made their bed and now they have to lie in it.
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 02:42:54 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2008, 02:44:58 PM by CPT MikeyMike »

I know it's off-topic but when the Sox lost in '03 because of Aaron Fuc-ing Boone, I think I was in a rut for a week which wasn't good becasue I was in Iraq at the time.

Well, I was pretty pissed the night of game 6, but just more or less exasperated after the end of game 7. I think I might have actually cried in the shower that night, but the next day, I was like "whatever."

Out of curiosity, did you watch Aaron Boone's homer live in Iraq or just hear about it later?

Heard about it later - I knew it was going to happen though. I was able to watch the game and went into the chow hall to watch it as the Yankees were batting in the 7th. I saw the 8th inning where the Red Sox blew the 5-2 lead. Once the tying run scored, I left because I knew what was going to happen next. I still hold bitter thoughts about that even though we all know what graced us in the playoff the next year!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies