PA Gubernatorial Race 2006 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:33:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA Gubernatorial Race 2006 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: PA Gubernatorial Race 2006  (Read 94203 times)
danwxman

« on: December 08, 2004, 02:50:50 AM »
« edited: December 08, 2004, 02:52:26 AM by danwxman »

Rendell will win. Heard somebody on the radio predict he will win by double digits. It's certainly possible if his challenger is Piccola or Scranton.

Pennsylvania's Governor cycle:

Two terms. Switch parties.

Repeat.

I think the Republicans will wait until 2010 to really spend money on the Governor's race.
danwxman

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 12:12:54 PM »

Rendell will win. Heard somebody on the radio predict he will win by double digits. It's certainly possible if his challenger is Piccola or Scranton.

If Piccola or Scranton, I'm not that sure Rendell can win by double digits but I will agree that neither Scranton nor Piccola could defeat Rendell.

And whoever predicted a double digit Rendell win without having a good idea of who the nominee is pretty foolish and probably someone who doesn't know much about Rendell's approval ratings.

You mean the approval ratings that were taken last August in the midst of the Presidential election where his approval was pretty much exactly what percentage of the vote Kerry got? They are irrelevant, a new poll should be taken.
danwxman

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 03:43:26 PM »

If Piccola or Scranton, I'm not that sure Rendell can win by double digits but I will agree that neither Scranton nor Piccola could defeat Rendell.

And whoever predicted a double digit Rendell win without having a good idea of who the nominee is pretty foolish and probably someone who doesn't know much about Rendell's approval ratings.

You mean the approval ratings that were taken last August in the midst of the Presidential election where his approval was pretty much exactly what percentage of the vote Kerry got? They are irrelevant, a new poll should be taken.

You're right. Let's take a new poll. After the whole absentee ballot controversy, I'm sure his approval ratings will be even worse than they were before.

What controversy? That blew over pretty quick.

All I know is I'm glad we have a progressive governor, it's exactly what this state needs. To be honest, both parties in PA are run by old people who don't want to let go of their dynasty. Rendell broke that mold which is why he's made enemies in both parties, but he's also been able to work together and passed more legislation then just about every Governor...legislation that actually means something like economic stimulus, the gaming bill, the Pittsburgh financial fix-up and the clean energy bill. Even you have to admit, he HAS accomplished a helluva lot for a only one-term and with a Republican house and senate.
danwxman

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 04:29:54 PM »

You're right. Let's take a new poll. After the whole absentee ballot controversy, I'm sure his approval ratings will be even worse than they were before.

What controversy? That blew over pretty quick.

All I know is I'm glad we have a progressive governor, it's exactly what this state needs. To be honest, both parties in PA are run by old people who don't want to let go of their dynasty. Rendell broke that mold which is why he's made enemies in both parties, but he's also been able to work together and passed more legislation then just about every Governor...legislation that actually means something like economic stimulus, the gaming bill, the Pittsburgh financial fix-up and the clean energy bill. Even you have to admit, he HAS accomplished a helluva lot for a only one-term and with a Republican house and senate.

Sure he's accomplished a lot...especially those tax hikes that he promised he would not propose. That's an accomplishment that I'm sure everyone is happy about. The gambling bill...well we have to wait and see to say whether or not that's an accomplishment. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the slots proposal. Then there's that medical malpractice problem that Rendell hasn't really addressed.

We'll just have to wait until the latest ratings come out to see who wins this argument. I expect his disapproval numbers to jump up maybe 2-4 points and his approval rating will probably drop to 49 or 50%.

"Nobody running for Governor who I think is a credible candidate can promise the people of Pennsylvania not to raise taxes," said Rendell. "There's a budget deficit that will approach $2 billion. It may go over $2 billion. Until we see what that deficit is, until we see how much money we can save, nobody can be honest and say, 'I'm not going to raise taxes, no matter what happens.'"

The gambling bill, while it had some flaws, was very tough. Pennsylvania will have the most regulated gambling industry in the country. BTW, Fisher was in favor of slot machines too...but he wanted to use the money for senior's prescription drugs. A noble cause, but I'd rather have it go towards education and property tax relief, wouldn't you? Besides, Pennsylvania's healthcare system is the envy of the country already, we are doing a pretty good job.

The medical malpractice issue was brought up in the legislature but it didn't have enough support from Democrats or Republicans.
danwxman

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 03:31:22 PM »

We all saw how well Paterno did, and that was in an overwhelmingly Republican district. Rendell would own him.
danwxman

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 05:46:43 PM »

The first thing I was going to do was post that article, NHPolitico.

Dan, Rendell would not "own" him and how could you compare him to Paterno? Holden was a popular incumbent. I know you refuse to believe this but Rendell is not that popular.

Holden's district is 65% Republican and look how well he did....and Rendell is still quite popular. I have yet to see anybody predict, or even discuss the possibility of, his demise.
danwxman

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 05:58:42 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2004, 06:00:14 PM by danwxman »

Dan, Rendell would not "own" him and how could you compare him to Paterno? Holden was a popular incumbent. I know you refuse to believe this but Rendell is not that popular.

Holden's district is 65% Republican and look how well he did....and Rendell is still quite popular. I have yet to see anybody predict, or even discuss the possibility of, his demise.

What is this "Rendell is still quite popular?" What...51% approval ratings? High disapproval ratings? If Piccola or Scranton get the nomination, yes, Rendell remain Governor. However, get someone who can fundraise and with good name ID and Rendell will lose.

As for Holden, while his district is 65% Republican, he is a conservative incumbent. That helps. It's unfair to say "Look at Paterno and see why a Democrat can win" and apply it to Rendell's 2006 race.

We don't really know what the approval numbers are -- again I think the ones taken in August are worthless and biased against Rendell.

BTW, Holden is moderate on social issues but liberal on economic issues. But my point is even in an overwhelmingly Republican district, his opponent with name ID was crushed. Even assuming Rendell isn't popular -- running against some dimwit with name ID (in a state that has a half million more Democrats) is going to be a cakewalk.
danwxman

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 05:59:45 PM »

What were Ridge's accomplishments?
danwxman

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 06:19:35 PM »

What is this "Rendell is still quite popular?" What...51% approval ratings? High disapproval ratings? If Piccola or Scranton get the nomination, yes, Rendell remain Governor. However, get someone who can fundraise and with good name ID and Rendell will lose.

As for Holden, while his district is 65% Republican, he is a conservative incumbent. That helps. It's unfair to say "Look at Paterno and see why a Democrat can win" and apply it to Rendell's 2006 race.

We don't really know what the approval numbers are -- again I think the ones taken in August are worthless and biased against Rendell.

But my point is even in an overwhelmingly Republican district, his opponent with name ID was crushed. Even assuming Rendell isn't popular -- running against some dimwit with name ID (in a state that has a half million more Democrats) is going to be a cakewalk.

Oh biased against Rendell....of course...Democrats actually losing something? Impossible...

The fact that Holden was an incumbent was enough and he must be conservative enough if a district that's 65% Republican overwhelmingly supported him.

Now for this comment that Rendell would be running against "some dimwit." You must really think Rendell is unbeatable. That "dimwit" not only has name ID but he'd be able to bring in the cash without a problem. And then you use the argument "Well there's a half million more Dems..." While that would seem like it would help Rendell, you have to accept the fact that even Dems dislike the guy. Sure you'll find the folks like IrishDem in Philly but besides that, this Ed Rendell is not the Rendell he was two years ago. Accept it. If Piccola or Scranton aren't the nominee, Rendell will lose.

1. You make the point that whoever the nominee is going to get a ton of money. Incorrect --- the Republicans are going to put up a sacrificial lamb against Rendell because they know the odds are stacked way against him. There will not be much money coming into the Republican campaign against Rendell.

2. I've already said before that yes Rendell has made quite a few enemies, even among Democrats. That's because both parties in PA are run by old farts trying to protect their territory, it's sad but true.
danwxman

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2004, 06:24:59 PM »

But my point is even in an overwhelmingly Republican district, his opponent with name ID was crushed. Even assuming Rendell isn't popular -- running against some dimwit with name ID (in a state that has a half million more Democrats) is going to be a cakewalk.

Oh biased against Rendell....of course...Democrats actually losing something? Impossible...

The fact that Holden was an incumbent was enough and he must be conservative enough if a district that's 65% Republican overwhelmingly supported him.

Now for this comment that Rendell would be running against "some dimwit." You must really think Rendell is unbeatable. That "dimwit" not only has name ID but he'd be able to bring in the cash without a problem. And then you use the argument "Well there's a half million more Dems..." While that would seem like it would help Rendell, you have to accept the fact that even Dems dislike the guy. Sure you'll find the folks like IrishDem in Philly but besides that, this Ed Rendell is not the Rendell he was two years ago. Accept it. If Piccola or Scranton aren't the nominee, Rendell will lose.

1. You make the point that whoever the nominee is going to get a ton of money. Incorrect --- the Republicans are going to put up a sacrificial lamb against Rendell because they know the odds are stacked way against him. There will not be much money coming into the Republican campaign against Rendell.

Only confirms your thought that you think Rendell is unbeatable. The odds are NOT stacked against the GOP and the reason I brought up fundraising is because Swann himself can bring in the cash.

Incumbent advantage...every Governor has been re-elected...Rendell is still popular. These are commonly known facts, don't deny it. The Republicans just aren't going to spend a lot to take down Rendell, they are going to put it into saving Santorum.
danwxman

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2004, 03:46:29 PM »

There's 500,000 more Democrats in PA then Republicans. I would call that more then a "small" registration advantage.
danwxman

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 04:19:30 PM »

Awww, Pennsylvania Democrats. Keep telling me how popular Eddie is.

From grassrootspa.com

SURVEY USA/WNEP POLL: CASEY 49% SANTORUM 42%, RENDELL 50%, SWANN 44%!!!

Hat tip Justin.

Times Leader:

A new statewide survey shows Democratic Pennsylvania Treasurer Bob Casey Jr. holding a 7-point lead over two-term incumbent U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pittsburgh, in the 2006 senate race.

Conducted by SurveyUSA for WNEP-TV Channel 16, the survey asked 506 registered voters around the state who they would choose in the senate race. The poll had a margin of error of plus or minus 4.4 percent.

The results showed Casey with 49 percent to Santorum's 42 percent. Eight percent of the poll respondents were undecided.
The SurveyUSA poll also showed Gov. Ed Rendell with a 6-point lead over potential Republican challenger and former Pittsburgh Steeler Lynn Swann. The poll showed Rendell with 50 percent, Swann with 44 percent and 5 percent undecided.

The poll did not ask voters about the other two potential Republican candidates for governor next year, former Lt. Gov. Bill Scranton and Harrisburg state Sen. Jeffrey Piccola.

Looks good for Rendell. I could see his challenger, possibly Swann, getting about 44%. Give almost all the undecideds to Rendell. 55-44 looks like a good outcome.
danwxman

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2005, 04:27:30 PM »

Awww, Pennsylvania Democrats. Keep telling me how popular Eddie is.

From grassrootspa.com

SURVEY USA/WNEP POLL: CASEY 49% SANTORUM 42%, RENDELL 50%, SWANN 44%!!!

Hat tip Justin.

Times Leader:

A new statewide survey shows Democratic Pennsylvania Treasurer Bob Casey Jr. holding a 7-point lead over two-term incumbent U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pittsburgh, in the 2006 senate race.

Conducted by SurveyUSA for WNEP-TV Channel 16, the survey asked 506 registered voters around the state who they would choose in the senate race. The poll had a margin of error of plus or minus 4.4 percent.

The results showed Casey with 49 percent to Santorum's 42 percent. Eight percent of the poll respondents were undecided.
The SurveyUSA poll also showed Gov. Ed Rendell with a 6-point lead over potential Republican challenger and former Pittsburgh Steeler Lynn Swann. The poll showed Rendell with 50 percent, Swann with 44 percent and 5 percent undecided.

The poll did not ask voters about the other two potential Republican candidates for governor next year, former Lt. Gov. Bill Scranton and Harrisburg state Sen. Jeffrey Piccola.

Looks good for Rendell. I could see his challenger, possibly Swann, getting about 44%. Give almost all the undecideds to Rendell. 55-44 looks like a good outcome.

Why is it that during the Presidential Race we gave all the undecideds to Kerry, the challenger, but in the governor's race we give all the undecideds to Rendell.

Explain please.

He's a moderate Democrat.
danwxman

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2005, 01:01:26 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2005, 01:03:24 PM by danwxman »

Piccola, Scranton bash Rendell on taxes, record
Monday, March 21, 2005
BY PETER L. DeCOURSEY
Of The Patriot-News

Sen. Jeffrey Piccola, R-Dauphin, says he is running for governor to abolish school property taxes and replace Gov. Ed Rendell.

Lt. Gov. Bill Scranton and Piccola each outlined their case to be Rendell's GOP challenger before the Federation of College Republicans Friday night at the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center.

A third Republican eyeing the race, Lynn Swann, did not attend the event.

Piccola said Rendell's property tax reform plan was passed in 2004, but no tax reduction is scheduled until 2007.

Piccola told about 100 College Republicans, "significant property tax relief ... isn't coming. Probably not at all, and certainly not anytime soon."

He said it was time to go further than reducing property taxation for school funding, "We can no longer use a 19th century tax to fund a 21st century priority."

"Our next governor must work and produce the repeal of property taxes to fund public education in Pennsylvania."

Piccola said he would discuss specifics in the coming months.

Scranton was less specific, as he invoked Ronald Reagan as the model of a Republican "who changed history by defeating a Democratic incumbent. ... That is how you change history.

"We have a terrible habit in Pennsylvania. Every eight years, we elect a Democratic governor. Just when we've taken two steps forward, cut taxes, reduced regulations that stop job creation, then we elect a Democrat and take two steps back.

"Never before has an incumbent governor been defeated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. And ladies and gentlemen, never before has an incumbent governor deserved to be defeated more than the current governor, Ed Rendell. After two years, all he has given us is higher fees, higher taxes and gambling."

Rendell has declined to answer attacks by GOP opponents, "Re-elections are referendums on the incumbent. And voters know what we are doing, and I believe we will win based on our record."

Piccola emphasized his experience as a legislative Republican working to defeat Rendell's plans but did not mention that he ultimately voted for the tax hike and education initiatives he continues to oppose.

"We need to get the government out of the way of the people of Pennsylvania and the job creators of Pennsylvania," Piccola said. "[Rendell] calls this his plan for the new Pennsylvania. We don't need a new Pennsylvania. What we need is a new governor."

Swann's absence disappointed many of the College Republicans. He also skipped the Republican State Committee's most recent weekend meeting in Harrisburg to play at a celebrity golf tournament for a five-figure fee.

"If he wants to be governor, he better start coming to events and showing it," said Mitchell Bashur, 19, a western Pennsylvania native and official in the Dickinson College Republicans. Bashur was born after Swann retired from pro football, but said, "it's in our blood in Steeler country to be Lynn Swann fans and I am. But he needs to get out here."

Swann has trailed Piccola and Scranton in public appearances, but has made a few public speeches. He spent last Monday in Harrisburg in closed-door meetings with Senate President Pro-Tem Robert C. Jubelirer, R-Blair, and other GOP leaders.

Unlike Piccola and Scranton, who say they are committed to running, Swann says he is still pondering the viability of a run.

PETER L. DeCOURSEY: 783-5196 or pdecoursey@patriot-news.com

-------------------------------
Swann didn't show up?!?
danwxman

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2005, 01:03:44 PM »

Former foes praise Rendell's leadership
Sunday, March 20, 2005
BY PETER L. DeCOURSEY
Of The Patriot-News

The Democratic State Committee members who spurned Gov. Ed Rendell's candidacy three years ago are now praising his leadership and the party's winning record.

And, as state committee members met at the Holiday Inn East in Swatara Twp. on Friday and yesterday, they said they hoped Rendell will help the party win two state Senate special elections.
      From Our Advertiser

"He won the governorship. We won three out of four statewide judges in 2003. Kerry won the state last year, and so did Bob Casey for treasurer and Jack Wagner as auditor general," said Bill George, president of the statewide AFL-CIO. "The governor raised millions to help us win those races and is a great spokesman for our party."

In 2002, George was a major supporter of Casey's candidacy against Rendell for the Democratic nomination for governor. Now he says, "Governor Rendell is rebuilding the Democratic Party with the leadership it needs."

Harrisburg City Councilwoman Linda Thompson also backed Casey. "I knew Bob Casey and his family in 2001. Ed Rendell was from Philadelphia, and I didn't know him. Now I have seen his leadership, and our success as a party owes a lot to our governor."

Jack Hanna of Indiana County, another Casey supporter in 2002, praised Rendell for more than his record of wins and losses.

He noted that Rendell has ended an era of costly primary elections that hurt the party and has strongly supported candidates who disagree with Rendell's support of abortion rights, something party leaders failed to do in the past.

But Hanna, Thompson and George also see a challenge in state Senate special elections. On April 5, residents of Allentown and its suburbs will fill the seat vacated by Charles Dent when he was elected to Congress last year. On May 17, voters will fill the Allegheny County seat vacated by Jack Wagner's election to auditor general.

Polls show Democrat Wayne Fontana trailing state Rep. Mike Diven, R-Allegheny, in the Wagner district, and state Rep. Jennifer Mann, D-Lehigh, trailing state Rep. Pat Browne, R-Lehigh, in the Dent seat.

Rendell has been pouring hundreds of thousands of dollars into both races.

"Those are our priorities for two reasons," Hanna said. "First, they could indicate what will happen in our big races in 2006, since we need to do well in both districts in the Senate and governor's races. But also, we need to stop losing House and Senate seats, so the governor doesn't have to be a contortionist to solve Pennsylvania's problems. These are big important races, and the party understands that from the governor on down."

PETER L. DeCOURSEY: 783-5196 or pdecoursey@patriot-news.com
danwxman

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2005, 08:07:39 PM »

Candidate Rendell strong despite weak job rating
3 possible contenders trail governor in poll 20 months before vote
Tuesday, March 22, 2005
BY PETER L. DeCOURSEY
Of The Patriot-News

Gov. Ed Rendell faces questions about his job performance but still leads all potential opponents by double digits, according to the new Keystone Poll.

However, only 39 percent of 531 Pennsylvanians surveyed said Rendell was doing an excellent or good job. More than 20 months before the 2006 election, 57 percent said his job performance was fair or poor.

Forty-five percent said Rendell deserved re-election, while 43 percent said it was time for a change, according to the poll.

On the positive side, Rendell "has the highest favorable ratings of any statewide politician, at 48 percent favorable, with only 28 percent viewing him unfavorably," said poll director G. Terry Madonna.

"But his job numbers are not strong," Madonna said. "They are consistently 15 to 20 points behind where [former Gov. Tom] Ridge's were. But his opponents aren't well-known.

"While the governor is still the favorite and the front-runner, there is a note of caution here for his re-election. This could be a very interesting gubernatorial election."

Rendell led former Lt. Gov. Bill Scranton 47 percent to 37 percent. He enjoyed 30-point leads over former Pittsburgh Steelers football star Lynn Swann -- 59 percent to 29 percent -- and state Sen. Jeffrey Piccola, R-Dauphin, 53 percent to 23 percent.

In a primary matchup among the three Republican candidates, half of those surveyed said they were undecided. Of the three, Scranton led with 25 percent, followed by Swann at 17 percent and Piccola at 8 percent.

Piccola and Scranton say they are committed to seeking their party's nomination for governor in 2006. Swann says he is exploring a bid for the GOP nomination.

"Bill Scranton is the only challenger who put the governor's numbers under 50, which is important," said Mike Devanney, Scranton's campaign manager. "And his vote totals will grow as more people hear Bill Scranton's message for Pennsylvania."

The Piccola and Swann campaigns did not respond to requests for comment.

Rendell has said the election will be a referendum on the incumbent. He has professed confidence that voters, when reminded of his record, will re-elect him.

Polls show repeated GOP attacks on Rendell are denting his popularity, particularly outside the five-county Philadelphia region, where he is strongest politically.

Piccola and Scranton are making repeated attacks on the fact that Rendell promised prompt and significant property tax reductions in his 2002 campaign.

They argue he delivered neither, because Rendell has said homeowners will not receive property tax reductions from slot-machine gambling until 2007.

PETER L. DeCOURSEY: 783-5196 or pdecoursey@pnco.com
danwxman

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2005, 08:08:17 PM »

So, Rendell now has the highest favorable ratings of any statewide politician. One less thing Phil can claim about Santorum.
danwxman

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2005, 08:19:40 PM »

So, Rendell now has the highest favorable ratings of any statewide politician. One less thing Phil can claim about Santorum.

Um, that's been the case for about a month now.  Rendell had 54% and Santorum had 53%. 

Oh, did you make Phil aware of that?
danwxman

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2005, 08:56:03 PM »

Awwwww, come on, dan. I know you saw my last couple of posts. What's going on? That extremely popular Ed Rendell has 45% saying "four more years" but 43% aren't going along with it. While I think the poll if probably off on the approval rating, it's likely that Eddie is only in the mid 40s when it comes to his approval.

Now keep telling yourself he's a lock. "Solid Dem." Good one!

He's the most popular elected official in the state of Pennsylvania. He will have no serious opponent (nobody is going to be able to offer an alternative to those 43%). 45-43 seems pretty good to me right now...I'd expect Rendell to win back some support on the campaign trail and win by about 2-5 points. More if the Republican nominee is Piccola.
danwxman

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2005, 03:11:39 PM »

Unless the bottem falls out of the GOP campaign, they can't both be elected.

Why not?

I personally think Casey is a fairly weak candidate.  Once the name recognition part of the campaign wears off, and both candidates get down to the issues, Santorum will probably pull away. 

But Im still curious as to why you think both cannot win in the same election year?

Money.  The Democrats won't have enough money to throw into both races.  They either have to concentrate on electing one guy or the other.  Also, it will be difficult for the Dems and political PAC's to run broad based issue ad's since Casey and Rendell are almost total opposites.

Of course they have enough money!

The Democratic establishment will put copious amounts of money into Casey's campaign...and Rendell will raise a ton of money for himself. I have the feeling Rendell will see some huge donations from the gambling industry.
danwxman

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2005, 03:13:52 PM »

Unless the bottem falls out of the GOP campaign, they can't both be elected.

Why not?

I personally think Casey is a fairly weak candidate.  Once the name recognition part of the campaign wears off, and both candidates get down to the issues, Santorum will probably pull away. 

But Im still curious as to why you think both cannot win in the same election year?

Money.  The Democrats won't have enough money to throw into both races.  They either have to concentrate on electing one guy or the other.  Also, it will be difficult for the Dems and political PAC's to run broad based issue ad's since Casey and Rendell are almost total opposites.

Of course they have enough money!

The Democratic establishment will put copious amounts of money into Casey's campaign...and Rendell will raise a ton of money for himself.

But unlike Fisher, Swann will be able to raise some big money for himself.

Sure. But I guarantee you Rendell will outspend him on the campaign. You know that.
danwxman

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2005, 06:36:20 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2005, 06:45:49 PM by danwxman »

From Politicspa.com: Governor Ed Rendell's re-election campaign got boost from a National Journal article rating his campaign as the 30th most competitive gubernatorial campaigns of 2006, leaving only seven which it considers less competitive.

Quote from the National Journal: "While there are a lot of Republicans excited by Lynn Swann's candidacy, we're not convinced the former NFL star has the personality to go toe-to-toe with Rendell. In fact, Rendell probably knows more about football than Swann knows about government. Rendell is a political animal, and he'll have a ton of cash while Swann faces a tough primary."
danwxman

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2005, 09:31:30 PM »

I'm interested in what the Democrat reaction to these numbers are considering last summer a sub-50% number for Bush meant he was toast.  Now Eddie is in the same situation.  Somehow I don't think they are going to say he's toast.

Rendell has no strong challenger.
danwxman

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2005, 11:10:34 PM »

I'm interested in what the Democrat reaction to these numbers are considering last summer a sub-50% number for Bush meant he was toast.  Now Eddie is in the same situation.  Somehow I don't think they are going to say he's toast.

Bruce Castor wouldn't be a strong challenger? Here's a suggestion: Give up being a partisan hack for one day.

lol....notice you are the only one who thinks that. You're such a horrible debater.
danwxman

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2005, 11:11:27 PM »

We're still 18 months away from the election.  One could easily emerge in that timeframe.

Here's the thing: If Montgomery county DA Bruce Castor runs, he will be the strongest challenger and would turn this into a very interesting race. Some PA Dems (danwxman) will refuse to admit it though. Got to love those partisan hacks.

Umm, I haven't even commented on Castor yet. At this point, Rendell has no strong challengers. Sorry my friend.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies