What happened to this forum? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:50:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What happened to this forum? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What happened to this forum?  (Read 11975 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: January 18, 2008, 12:07:50 PM »

Now I feel bad. Maybe I should pretend to become a super-capitalist to restore some balance. Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 06:22:45 PM »

Yes, Congress has abysmal approval ratings. However, the Democrats Top 3 Presidential candidates have much higher favorability rankings than the Republicans (sans McCain, who last I checked was still behind). As does the party in multiple polls.

What he said was wrong. Those Democrats in government don't have a large gap in favorability, nor is the gap large when you compare their front runner with the GOP's front runner.

First off, Congress generally has a history of lower ratings, this is due to those who don't like the President feeling they aren't doing enough to stop the President, and those who like the President feel they are doing too much in stopping the President, but this is what i was referring to.

Gallup
". . . please say if you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of . . . the Democratic Party."
Favorable 55%,  unfavorable 36%

". . . please say if you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of . . . the Republican Party."

favorable 42% unfavorable 49%

dems +19,  GOP -7

CNN
  "Next, we'd like to get your overall opinion of some people in the news. As I read each name, please say if you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of these people -- or if you have never heard of them.  The Democratic Party."
Favorable 55%  Unfavorable 34%

"Next, we'd like to get your overall opinion of some people in the news. As I read each name, please say if you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of these people -- or if you have never heard of them.  The Republican Party."
favorable  41%  Unfavorable 48%

dems +21, GOP -7

Those gaps don't appear to be small do they.....

Regarding the possible candidates on each side.   Despite what you may claim their really is no GOP front runner after each state the front runner changes.  McCain is the only candidate who is competitive against Obama or Clinton, some polls ahve him up slightly others have him down slightly.  Every poll has both Obama and Clinton trouncing Huckabee, Romney and Giuliani.

Your first half of the post is meaningless as I said that Dems overall are viewed more positively now.

Regardless of whether or not we have a frontrunner (even though we will after tonight), we are still running close to the Dems in General election polls. The Dems only really "trounce" a Republican candidate if that candidate is Romney and even then, you guys won't get a landslide.

And this is why the forum is fine. We're still having reasoned, intelligent debates.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 10:27:24 PM »

Now I feel bad. Maybe I should pretend to become a super-capitalist to restore some balance. Tongue

Maybe on April Fools Day we can have everyone have pretend to have the opposite ideology.

I'm game. Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 07:49:35 PM »

Bolded describes me:

We need more posters that aren't 13-23 year old straight white male suburbanites.

Grin
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies