Trump announces Pence will be his running mate -- discussion thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:46:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump announces Pence will be his running mate -- discussion thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump announces Pence will be his running mate -- discussion thread  (Read 10318 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: July 14, 2016, 09:35:06 PM »

anti-gay, anti-evolution, dennis hastert supporter...i don't get what the appeal is for trump with this pick

Obviously TrumpMiller felt that there wasn't enough bigotry and ignorance on the ticket.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 10:02:34 PM »

You need to change the thread title, Trump is now saying he hasn't picked Pence, or anyone.

But numerous news outlets are saying that he's offered it to Pence, and that he's accepted.

and it seems Trump changed his mind.....

Maybe he's trying to play it off as a non-final decision to the media even though Pence probably has already accepted. Why else would two Republican congressman file the paperwork today to run for governor?

Because they thought Mike Pence would be the pick. Trump could have changed his mind after Pence had been offered and accepted. Who knows?

Maybe after France, he decided to "be Trump" and pick a general, like he's said he's wanted to do.

Maybe he'll pick two (or more) VPs and let the convention delegates vote them down one at a time, reality tv-show style.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 08:09:21 AM »

Yuck, Trump picked a VP more corrupt then Hillary Clinton,representative of all that is horrible in the tea party and the republican establishment,an  anti-Worker piece of sh**t with a horrible governor record. I guess, it's time to very unenthusiastically support Clinton.

That, plus TrumpMiller's's open desire for war abroad and presidential power at home are pushing me, very reluctantly into Camp Clinton as well.

If our only choice is between corrupt warmongers that are part of the 1%, I guess I'll take the one who doesn't openly advocate stripping everyone but white conservative "Christian" males of their rights.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 08:17:24 AM »
« Edited: July 16, 2016, 08:18:58 AM by Runeghost »

Sounds like Trump wanted to pick Christie, and only didn’t because of Christie’s history with the family of Trump’s son-in-law:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-wavered-pence-pick-after-news-leaked-sources-n610651

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Also from the NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/16/us/politics/mike-pence-donald-trump-vice-president.html?_r=0

So basically the campaign advisors saved Trump from doing something stupid.  Great, to bad they couldn't keep him from opening his mouth about the Mexican Judge a month ago.  

On the contrary - the robbed him of his unique flair.

I don't like TrumpMiller a bit, but I have to admit he had something that was shifting and twisting the conventional nature of American politics. By picking a running mate who is the embodiment of everything most reprehensible in the GOP, but who is also utterly conventional, he allows the race to be moved back into the "liberal Democratic future" vs. "repressive Republican past" narrative, which is going to cement Clinton's support like nothing else.

He probably couldn't have made a worse pick. Pence brings insanity without charisma or energy. He's the worst of both worlds.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 11:40:57 AM »

1. Trump rambled on for 25 minutes about largely irrelevant things, barely mentioning Pence and barely promoting him
2. Mocked Pence's Cruz endorsement
3. Introduced Pence
4. Immediately left stage and couldn't stand to be seen with Pence

Amazing. Wonder what Pence thinks about all of this.

He's wondering whether his first State of the Union speech will be in 2017 or 2018.  (Or maybe 2021.)
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 02:35:01 PM »

I want to go to TrumpMiller rallies and wave a giant sign with the old logo.

"Ivana, Marla, Melania, Pence. America's next!"
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 09:58:20 PM »

Christie needs a job.  Elected or not, Trump is in a position to give him a job, and at the level he'd like.

Governor of New Jersey?...

Why not? Christie's smart enough to realize that elections are likely to be a relic of a more civilized age after PresidentEmperor TrumpMillerBarron takes office.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies