Should only women decide on abortion? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:04:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Should only women decide on abortion? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Should only women decide on abortion?  (Read 1388 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: March 22, 2010, 12:19:29 PM »

I guess I fall into the "pro-choice" side of the issue, though I find there to be nothing pleasing about the notion of abortion. (I doubt there's more than a handful who do)

While I think it's not fair to a man if the woman decides to have an abortion and he's against it, the simple fact that it's her body where the pregnancy actually happens should give her a greater share in the decision process. There's nothing ideal about abortion, unfortunately, but any woman who is considering one who still has the man around and interested should at least get his opinion first. If she doesn't want it but he does then she should at least consider the option of going through with it and letting him raise it himself.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 03:39:51 PM »

Yes, most definitely. At the same time, men should not be compelled to support the child if the woman does not abort.

What about the opposite........what if the man wants the child and will raise it on his own if need be, and the mother wants to abort it?  Same answer?

Yes, unfortunately. It's her body & if she doesn't want the fetus growing inside of it, I think that it would be wrong to force her to carry it to term.

So in other words, you're a sexist.

How is that sexist exactly? It's a fact that women are the ones that get pregnant.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies