The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 10:47:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)  (Read 43652 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« on: July 23, 2012, 12:28:29 PM »
« edited: July 23, 2012, 04:19:47 PM by Iatrogenesis »

Haven't seen it... probably not going to see it. First two films were terrible rubbish tbh. Can anyone tell me if for the first time ever in a Christopher Nolan film there is even a semi-convincing female character in it?

Oh yeah, and just to rile everyone up this.

EDIT: Oh, and having read the Frank Miller link in the article, I now want BRTD to instantly apologize to me for slagging me off for everything I ever said about 300.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 10:51:15 AM »

Interestingly I had the Gangster Squad trailer, which I heard was being pulled before it because of the scene shooting up a movie theater.

Gully and Beet really like to overanalyze comic book movies, and Frank Miller's politics obviously don't drive every work he creates.

Miller was a liberal when he was creating his best work in the 80s anyway. Something as inconsequential as 300 is definitely not worth arguing over.

I'm not really interested in 300, more so in showing the awfulness of the films associated with Frank Miller and the Comic book genre spawn that he helped so much fostered into the world. (It wouldn't bother be so much really if it weren't for the fanboys).

Already quoted the Jacobin piece earlier... I think it rather amusing as long as you realize what exactly they are trying to say...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies