Do artistically inclined people tend to be more liberal? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:42:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do artistically inclined people tend to be more liberal? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do artistically inclined people tend to be more liberal?
No (Rep)

Yes (Rep)

No (Dem)

Yes (Dem)

No (other)

Yes (other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Do artistically inclined people tend to be more liberal?  (Read 5489 times)
Palefire
Rookie

« on: June 09, 2005, 02:57:10 PM »

Do artistically inclined people tend to be more liberal?
Palefire
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 08:35:52 AM »

I'd say yes. I think creativity, free thinking and imagination tend to lead to liberalism. But, that is not saying that liberalism tends to leads to creativity, free thinking and imagination.
Palefire
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 10:05:32 AM »

I think reality bears out my point. But I was really just trying to reclaim the thread from being another odious Hitler discussion.

As far as YOUR point about right wingers tending to be close minded, sheeple and boring; I'd have to disagree. Both sides have plenty of them.

Manners, manners.
Palefire
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 12:18:44 PM »

The portion of the artistic community that looks for, much less receives, hand outs from the capitalist class is very narrow.

From an economic point of view (which is only a small piece of this puzzle), I think it would be more revealing to look at the motivation of the typical artist. Most don't live and breathe to make money; they live and breathe to create and express. People that live and breathe to make money don't tend to be economically liberal. People who view money as side issue in their lives tend to be more economically liberal - and for many different reasons; some altruistic, some not so altruistic - that depends upon the individual.

Now we come to this with two different perspectives. NYC has a very different art scene than Ashville and Penland and Durham. The NYC art scene a pretty messy one that does involve hand outs and the like for some - so I get what you are saying. But I think it's a very large generalization to impose the actions of few upon the many.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies