The Strange Death of the National Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:42:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The Strange Death of the National Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Strange Death of the National Party  (Read 2824 times)
Capey
Rookie
« on: August 18, 2004, 10:58:31 PM »

I think you guys are way too pessimistic about SA's future. Yes, we have a major problem with whites emmigrating. These were the people that had such a problem with Aparthied to begin with. Now that the system they wanted is in place, they run to Australia or Britain, or in the Afrikaaner's case, the Netherlands. In my opinion they are traitors of the worst sort.

As for the National Party, the NNP should have rejoined with the Democratic Alliance. They would have retained control over the Western Cape. The National Party seriously lost touch with it's base, the white and coloured voters.
Capey
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 02:19:51 PM »

They are traitors. And the better life argument doesn't hold water. It isn't as if they were living in Mongolia. They complain about apartheid all the time and say how the system would be so much better if the blacks were free. Then the blacks become free, and the country gets really bad, so they leave rather than try to work to make thier country a better place. You could NEVER say these people were/are patriotic. I think other countries could provide me with a better life, but I am a patriot and will not leave. If you would move to Britain if you thought it provided a better life than Australia then you are no patriot.

All races in SA that aren't white or black are referred to as coloured(It isn't a derogatory term as in the U.S. or the U.K.). This includes Indians and east Asians. They aren't any worse of than the whites in my opinion. Most either live in Cape Town or Durban. The Cape has the largest non-black population, so the coloureds are not particularly disenfranchised there. They make up the majority in Durban, which is a nice place that is prospering.
Capey
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 03:49:10 PM »

They are traitors. And the better life argument doesn't hold water. It isn't as if they were living in Mongolia. They complain about apartheid all the time and say how the system would be so much better if the blacks were free. Then the blacks become free, and the country gets really bad, so they leave rather than try to work to make thier country a better place. You could NEVER say these people were/are patriotic. I think other countries could provide me with a better life, but I am a patriot and will not leave. If you would move to Britain if you thought it provided a better life than Australia then you are no patriot.

Good lord, this is like saying the Jews were traitors who fled Germany when Hitler came to power, or escapees from behind the Iron Curtain, or boat people from Cuba and Vietnam were traiters.  People have a right to flee ill-governed States to improve their lives.

No it's not! Whites are not suffering from persecution and they have many opportunities to make a good living.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies