Will Trump recover from Charlottesville? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:41:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will Trump recover from Charlottesville? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will he recover?
Yes, just like always

Nope. Game over.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 83

Author Topic: Will Trump recover from Charlottesville?  (Read 3009 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: August 15, 2017, 12:16:42 AM »
« edited: August 15, 2017, 12:18:20 AM by Ghost of Ruin »

Uh, you need a third option: "he'll briefly stabilize, but I'm willing to bet he'll never ever be in positive territory every again."

Closer to my answer. He could always bounce back to 40% by the end of the month, but I think this solidified his 'Strong Disapproval' numbers above 50%

I think that's the direction his approval will go.

Remember, Trump is a con artist. He's also followed a pattern throughout his life that can briefly be summed up as: overpromise, bamboozle and overextend, collapse and flee, then start overpromising again.  Trump's "success" has always depended on having fresh suckers. And it's mostly worked. The world is a big place, he's good at making himself look successful (at least to those most vulnerable to his scams - doing a bad/tawdry job of making himself look successful is good for weeding out people who wouldn't ever buy his pitch) and there have always been new markets for his BS.

But now he's -at least on paper- the Leader of the Free World. There are no more new suckers who haven't already been exposed and either bought in or rejected him. He has to deliver or fall. And he can't deliver. So the only real question is what the fall looks like.

Charlottesville is a symptom of his inevitable collapse, not a root cause - the root cause is Trump being Trump
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 11:20:24 AM »

Intel CEO exits President Trump's manufacturing council
https://www.axios.com/intel-ceo-exits-president-trumps-manufacturing-council-2473054692.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

America's big business community was willing to give Trump a chance. He's well on his blowing it by being someone they don't want to associate with, and who can't deliver anyway.

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 06:01:26 PM »

I don't think this is the final nail in the coffin, it's the first nail in the coffin.

Things will only get worse for him from here on out.

Yeah. This is more an "end of the beginning". The pretense that Trump could rise above his history, and be anything but a reality-tv President is done now. It's the final nail in his honeymoon, not his presidency. More and more people, including himself, are giving up on pretending he could do the job.

But it's not the "beginning of the end". That will only happen when his support utterly collapses and whatever process finally forces him out gets rolling. When articles of impeachment go to the floor, when the Cabinet removes him, the generals launch a coup, or he gets defeated for the GOP nomination.

Whatever happens, I don't think he'll go quietly, though. I forsee a police cordon around Mar A Lago or the White House before he gets perp walked.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies